The Final Tally! - Rankings of Favorite Songs on all the Studio Albums!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Here we go!! We've ranked our favorite songs on each of U2's studio albums. Twelve awesome albums, twelve awesome threads!!

Now I've gone through every thread and compiled all the rankings. I have decided to just post the songs that appeared most often in the "Top 3" songs positions on each album, rather than take forever and scrutinize each and every individual list and decide where each song ended up ranking.
So I hope that's okay!

Zooropa
Top 3:
1 - Zooropa
2/3 - TIE! between Lemon and Stay

*so the next runner up was The First Time

POP
Top 3:
1 - Gone
2 - Mofo
3 - Please

*Discotheque was next in line for number 3.
**Fun Fact - at the time I did the tallying, Miami had not been in anyone's top 3!

Achtung Baby
Top 3:
1 - Until The End of the World
2 - The Fly
3 - TIE! between Ultraviolet and Acrobat

*One was next in line for number 3.
**Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World was only included in the Top 3 one time!

No Line On The Horizon
Top 3:
1 - Moment of Surrender
2 - Magnificent
3 - No Line On The Horizon

*Fez-Being Born was next in line for number 3, followed closely by Breathe.
**Get On Your Boots and Stand Up Comedy were not included in the Top 3 at all (at time of tallying)
***This album was the only one that had clear winners. The Top 3 were always miles ahead of the other songs. Every now and then someone would break the chain and put Breathe or Being Born or Unknown Caller, but for the most part, Moment of Surrender, Magnificent, and NLOTH were in the top 3 consistently.

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Top 3:
1 - City of Blinding Lights (clear winner, here. Nothing else came close to beating it)
2 - Vertigo
3 - Original of the Species

*next in line for number 3 was SYCMIOYO, followed closely by Crumbs and Miracle Drug

All That You Can't Leave Behind
Top 3:
1 - Beautiful Day
2 - Kite
3 - Walk On

*next in line for number 3 was Stuck and When I Look At The World
**Grace and Wild Honey were not in anyone's top three.

October
Top 3:
1 - Gloria (almost unanimously)
2 - Tomorrow
3 - October

*next in line for number 3 was Rejoice

War
Top 3:
1 - New Year's Day
2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
3 - Drowning Man

*next in line was 40 and Like A Song...
** Refugee and Red Light were not in anyone's top three
***Interesting Fact: SBS and NYD were neck and neck for the top spot until the very last page of the thread when NYD pulled ahead by only one vote.

Boy
Top 3:
1 - TIE! between Out of Control and The Electric Co.
2 - I Will Follow
3 - An Cat Dubh

*those four songs were being shuffled throughout everyone's top three, many of the other songs didn't even come close to ranking in Interference's top three choices.

Rattle and Hum
Top 3:
1 - All I Want Is You
2 - Heartland
3 - Desire (i was surprised by this one!)

*next in line was Angel of Harlem, followed by Hawkmoon 269.
**Love Rescue Me was not in anyone's top three
***God Part II was only in the top 3 four times :'(

The Unforgettable Fire
Top 3:
1 - TIE! between The Unforgettable Fire and A Sort of Homecoming
2 - Bad
3 - Pride (In The Name of Love)

*for this one, some mixture of Bad, UF, and ASOH were continuously in people's top 3, with the occasional Pride or Elvis Presley Ate America getting thrown in.
**MLK and 4th of July were not included in anyone's top three

The Joshua Tree
Top 3:
1 - Where The Streets Have No Name (the obvious winner)
2 - With or Without You
3 - Running To Stand Still

*next in line was I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, followed by One Tree Hill
**Bullet the Blue Sky and Mothers of the Disappeared were not found in anyone's top three.

There we go. :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Thanks for letting me do these threads, it was very fun to run them and very interesting to see what everyone's favorite songs on each album were! Thank you all for participating and being good sports!

Still working on a super secret thread to follow up this one :wink:

Thanks again!

That was fun, but I don't think anyone likes "Elvis Presley ATE America" :wink:.

If I'd voted in the War thread Red Light might've had a top 3 nod :shifty:
And I was just about to do the Joshua Tree. Oh well, still will, my rankings aren't going to change anything as it is.

:wave:Thanks for doing these threads!!! It was fun to reflect on these albums and determine how special the songs were!!!:hyper:

*next in line for number 3 was Stuck

:panic:

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

Passengers? :hmm:

That's what I'm thinking, too :).

Thanks for sharing the final tally, nice to see how everything turned out. I like hearing about how the other songs ranked, too, which ones were more popular than others and such. Great overview, I salute you for taking the time to painstakingly go through and figure all this out. I had great fun doing this as well, and reading what everyone else had to say and seeing their picks, too. May differ with how some of the rankings turned out, but can't really complain about what made the top 3 on many of the lists.

Angela

Great job doing this! Didn't know people liked UTEOTW that much, I thought The Fly or perhaps Ultraviolet was the forum's precious babies for that album. Magnificent being second on NLOTH was a surprise for me as well, but more a pleasant surprise than an unpleasant one. :up:

There were a few that came as no surprise to me (Streets, COBL, Moment of Surrender) but things like Until the End of the World and Zooropa were big surprises to me. I thought for sure it would be The Fly and Stay (Faraway, So Close!) being number one on their respective albums.

And really, I had no problem doing this, it was fun to see what everybody's thoughts were on their favorite songs from each album! I am especially grateful to those people who took the time to actually explain why they loved each song, whether that be for personal reasons or because they love a specific drum beat or guitar riff. This was really fun!

Start looking forward to the secret thread(s) that will be popping up shortly!

**Also, sorry to anyone who did their rankings for the first time after I compiled the Final Tally. Still feel free to rank your favorite songs and stuff.

There were a few that came as no surprise to me (Streets, COBL, Moment of Surrender) but things like Until the End of the World and Zooropa were big surprises to me. I thought for sure it would be The Fly and Stay (Faraway, So Close!) being number one on their respective albums.

And really, I had no problem doing this, it was fun to see what everybody's thoughts were on their favorite songs from each album! I am especially grateful to those people who took the time to actually explain why they loved each song, whether that be for personal reasons or because they love a specific drum beat or guitar riff. This was really fun!

Start looking forward to the secret thread(s) that will be popping up shortly!

**Also, sorry to anyone who did their rankings for the first time after I compiled the Final Tally. Still feel free to rank your favorite songs and stuff.

Awesome job!:up::up:

Thanks!

You spurred a lot of intelligent discussion that I enjoyed reading greatly!

Back
Top Bottom