The Edge to Get Lucky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was in the sun newspaper in the uk today.

Rogers said that he fantasise's about what it would sound like

Nile also tweeted a picture of him and bono last night.bono was at his concert in france.

Maybe u2 will go all disco :)

I think this is funny. I'm not familiar with Nile's work and I've heard he's very good, but it seems like some rather robustly self-confident phrasing combined with not a ton of awareness of how Edge does and doesn't work, ie "endless noodling around just seems really boring to me."

I think this is funny. I'm not familiar with Nile's work and I've heard he's very good, but it seems like some rather robustly self-confident phrasing combined with not a ton of awareness of how Edge does and doesn't work, ie "endless noodling around just seems really boring to me."

Niles work ranges from chic,sister sledge,Diana Ross,David bowie,inxs,madonna,Duran Duran,Peter Gabriel,deepche mode and now daft punk.

The blokes a legend to be honest!

it seems like some rather robustly self-confident phrasing combined with not a ton of awareness of how Edge does and doesn't work, ie "endless noodling around just seems really boring to me."

Er..all those tight riffs that made hits over the past 30 years that sounded like they weren't even human? That's Nile Rodgers. His credit list is so long it's crazy.

You might be reading "jam with" the wrong way..one of the (few) criticisms of Rodger's work is that he doesnt solo or jam alot on songs - hmm..who does this sound like? - but in fact live he does embellish the songs, and he's always adjusting here and there..again, alot like Edge. think he's very aware of how Edge works..and plays the guitar. They'd probably compliment each other very well. I honestly hope this happens!

Rodgers is great, but I think that a collaboration between he and Edge would be boring. He's lay down a tight groove, and Edge would do some ding-ding, wishy-washy stuff, or maybe be really daring and play a solo with a slide. 20 years ago it would have been cool, but Edge has lost his mojo. Now, a collaboration with John Frusciante would be something to kill for. Or Kevin Shields laying down beds of shifting noise. Apropos of nothing, of course.

Rodgers is great, but I think that a collaboration between he and Edge would be boring. He's lay down a tight groove, and Edge would do some ding-ding, wishy-washy stuff, or maybe be really daring and play a solo with a slide. 20 years ago it would have been cool, but Edge has lost his mojo. Now, a collaboration with John Frusciante would be something to kill for. Or Kevin Shields laying down beds of shifting noise. Apropos of nothing, of course.

A Frusciante collaboration would be unbelievable!

A Frusciante collaboration with anyone would be great, but I can't even imagine what he'd do with Rodgers. The grooves those two could cook up!! Frusciante and Edge would also be quite good, with Edge playing the rhythm role. He seems to have cooled on leads to such an extent that a collaboration with Rodgers would be redundant. I wish Lanois had joined U2 as a full-time lead guitarist for NLOTH and the 360 tour.

Back
Top Bottom