The Edge in a new movie - It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Concentrating on the artist’s musical rebellion, traveling with him to influential locations, provoking rare discussion as to how and why he writes and plays, this film lets you witness intimate moments and hear new music from each artist.
So...is anyone planning on infiltrating the Toronto International Film Festival, this year as well?:hmm:
Just to get a written report, I mean. :shifty:

I know from a friend who works for Warner Brothers that the Los Angeles portion mentioned in the article was filmed on a soundstage at Warner Brothers in Burbank in late January with Edge, Page and White all performing then.

In Dublin, The Edge pulls out the original four-track rehearsals of “Where the Streets Have No Name.”

The trio comes together for a jam session, during which they demonstrate their varying tastes in gear, from Page's double-neck guitar to The Edge's array of accessory pedals to White's cheap plastic instrument.

TIFF'08 - It Might Get Loud
Exactly how does the "original four-track rehearsals of “Where the Streets Have No Name" count as new music?:| Oh well, might be interesting anyway. I mean, "It's da Maddaeffin EEEEDGE" to quote that guy from Fun Lovin' Criminals.

Being a guitar player myself , and also being a huge Page fan, I can't wait to see this film. Although I can't help but think White is an odd choice - Matt Bellamy, Noel Gallagher, Jonny Greenwood, Nick McCabe, to name just a few would have been far more worthy choices in my view.

Will still be quality though.

Edge Film "It Might Get Loud"

My apologies if this has already been posted but I saw an article on Newsday.com (A Long Island,New York paper) that Edge will be at the screening for this film this Friday September 5th at the Toronto Film festival along with the film's other stars Jimmy Page and Jack White....I'll give a link to the Film Festival's website.....I hope someone can get a hold of Edge and get him to reveal some more info about the new album.....if no new information has come out by then:hyper:

TIFF'08 - It Might Get Loud

Thanks for the link! I'd really like to see this documentary... preferably before the new album comes out. Looks to be a really interesting film.

Omg that pic is so cool - Page and The Edge jamming together :drool: , all they need is to get Dave Gilmour in there and i'd be in guitarist heaven! U2/Edge has always seemed quite limited in saying anything about Zeppelin - he went so much against the whole 'guitar hero' thing, obviously due to growing up on the punk scene; so this film should be awesome to see them acknowledging each others respective styles.

Just a friendly reminder for any U2 fans planning on attending the Toronto International Film Festival, that tickets go on sale tomorrow (Sept 3, 7.00am ET), for 'It Might Get Loud'. The Edge, Page, and Jack White will be in attendance at the premier on Friday evening.

"Unlike rock 'n' roll documentaries that focus on backstage drama, this one concentrates on the music, giving us intimate access to the creative process. Each guitarist describes his own musical rebellion: Page against the saccharine pop of the sixties; The Edge against the self-indulgent solos of the seventies; White against the soulless bass machines of the eighties. The film also travels to the locations that left a mark on each player. Page visits the stone halls of Headley Grange where “Stairway to Heaven” was composed. In Dublin, The Edge pulls out the original four-track rehearsals of “Where the Streets Have No Name.” And in Tennessee, White describes being inspired by the raw style of bluesman Son House. What's more, we see each musician play new work that has yet to be released."

Just in case there was anyone planning on attending and had it slip their minds!:wave: See you there!

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder for any U2 fans planning on attending the Toronto International Film Festival, that tickets go on sale tomorrow (Sept 3, 7.00am ET), for 'It Might Get Loud'. The Edge, Page, and Jack White will be in attendance at the premier on Friday evening.

"Unlike rock 'n' roll documentaries that focus on backstage drama, this one concentrates on the music, giving us intimate access to the creative process. Each guitarist describes his own musical rebellion: Page against the saccharine pop of the sixties; The Edge against the self-indulgent solos of the seventies; White against the soulless bass machines of the eighties. The film also travels to the locations that left a mark on each player. Page visits the stone halls of Headley Grange where “Stairway to Heaven” was composed. In Dublin, The Edge pulls out the original four-track rehearsals of “Where the Streets Have No Name.” And in Tennessee, White describes being inspired by the raw style of bluesman Son House. What's more, we see each musician play new work that has yet to be released."

Just in case there was anyone planning on attending and had it slip their minds!:wave: See you there!

I would love to go....I love Toronto and I want to see this film...unfortunately for me I've got a wedding to go to.

Well? :hyper:
Let's hear the reports!
I've already read a few in PLEBA and ...

there's apparently riffs from two new songs in the movie, Get On Your Boots and another, still unidentified song.
Might be something we've heard already but could be something new as well. Does anyone know what the song is called?

It was Corpse from the Passengers album.

Anyone know when/if this will be released on DVD?

So glad to see Jimmy Page playing again. He looks great. Would be a great year in 2009 to see U2 and Led Zeppelin on tour!

It's nice to see Edge doing something that is not riding Bono's coattails. Bono sings, does the charity stuff, makes appearances - all of it. And Edge is often there by his side. But this is something Bono can't touch. Way to go Davey Boy!

I tried to buy tickets at 7 am when they went on sale. The website wouldn't let me get through for the 10 to 15 minutes I tried, but put up no message of a temporary block. I assumed they just were blocking internet buying for this day. I ran down, and stood in line for 3 hours and 55 minutes. Finally got to the ticket booth and all the tickets for that first showing available at the time were sold out. I would have been mad but I was too exhausted. If I wanted another chance at tickets, I'd have to wait until the day of the show and stand in line all over again! No thanks. Frack you, Toronto Film Festival. Overpriced poorly-serviced crap!

Well? :hyper:
Let's hear the reports!
I've already read a few in PLEBA and ...

there's apparently riffs from two new songs in the movie, Get On Your Boots and another, still unidentified song.
Might be something we've heard already but could be something new as well. Does anyone know what the song is called?

It was Corpse from the Passengers album.

Really? I thought the second piece was also a new U2 song.

This "Edge in a movie" news seems exciting! Will it be out in cinemas?

Back
Top Bottom