The Edge in a new movie - It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the Aussies, it's listed as playing in Cinema Nova in Melbourne, and I'm going to go watch it on Saturday. This probably means that it'll be showing around the rest of Australia soon (if it's not already doing so).

just watched the movie. a little let down. not guitar geeky enough. too much philosophy and not enough playing, tech. talk, etc...

God, it's obvious to me that The Edge is delusional, based on this doc I saw a month ago. He repeatedly plays the riff to "Get On Your Boots" like he really thinks it's this amazing thing. It sucks, Edge. You screwed up and I hate reading how those who don't like it aren't into challenging music. There are a lot of U2 fans that are like that, but that's not the problem with this song. It's way too CONSERVATIVE.

It makes me think that The Edge is the main problem with U2 not taking enough risks. He also recently said he wished he wrote that decent, but by no means transcendant, song "Wonder Wall". Really, Edge? You like stuff because it's popular and formulaic? "Wonder Wall" isn't Goo Goo Dolls or Third Eye Blind or anything so atrocious, but it's nothing that amazing.

Pretty harsh criticism. Opinion is one thing but your post...

It's okay if you don't like a U2 song or something that any one of the band members does or says. But just because you might not like a song, does that mean they deserve disrespect or contempt??

does anyone know if it will be available at least on dvd in south america?
cos i think it won't be on theatres here :down:
i can't wait to see it (*cough* i can't wait to see the edge :heart: *cough*)

I just got a Blu Ray player, hopefully there are special goodies on the Blu Ray disc. I didn't even see it advertised in any of the circulars in the paper yesterday but I did see an ad for it on Palladia.

VH1 Classic ran all guitar legend stuff over the weekend in honor of the movie coming out.

VH1 Classic ran all guitar legend stuff over the weekend in honor of the movie coming out.

It was freaking awesome. Rattle and Hum followed by the Song Remains the Same and Rock Honors- The Who. Great way to spend my Sunday night.

Yeah, I was at a Q&A with Davis Guggenheim when the film opened and he promised there would be a bunch of extras including film of the jam session with U2, Zep and Jack White songs.

Reserved the dvd, but it wont come out in europe untill january.:shifty:

We went out to buy it and looked everywhere, Wal Mart, Target, Blockbuster, and couldn't find it. Even went to a F.Y.E (For Your Entertainment) store and they usually have everything. None of them had it. :WTF!?: BB had it but there were none available for rent!:angry::angry::madwife: Ordered it though so it should be here soon. But I was majorly PO'ed. I was so planning on seeing it tonight! Gotta wait.:angry::waiting::scream::depressed::rant::gah::banghead:

:| I went to Best Buy and couldn't find it so I asked an employee. He knew all about the movie and how it did NOT get ordered on time for any stores in Minneapolis. He said someone dropped the ball big time on that movie and another movie that people were expecting to find today. Nice....so no movie for me. I'll have to order it from Amazon. I'm so annoyed.

Back
Top Bottom