The Edge in a new movie - It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here. I Will Follow sounded great with three guitars. I'm also really impressed with the U2 songs they chose for the film. I never would have expected to hear A Sort of Homecoming, One Tree Hill, Bass Trap, or Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World in that movie.

I agree...I thought the U2 music they played throughout the movie and during certain transition scenes was really great and appropriate...absolutely loved TTYAATW...it matched the mood perfectly during that scene...Bass Trap was awesome too...everything was awesome!

As I was watching it, I started thinking to myself that some people in the theater probably had no idea some of that music was U2's....like Bass Trap and Grace, TTYAATW, etc...really enjoyable film! :)

One of my favorite part of the movie, was when Jimmy Paige was trying to play I Will Follow.

Mine too, I was grinning ear to ear.

I loved the way they all held such high esteem for each other. Jimmy was just so impressed with the Edge and vice versa. Edge looks like a little boy who just met Santa when Jimmy plays Stairway to Heaven.

Ok that was awesome. And maybe it was mentioned here and I missed it but when I heard Corpse I was like :ohmy: :love: What a great show :up:

EDIT: Oh :lol: I was just going through the other It Might Get Loud thread and I see that we totally discussed Corpse being in the movie in that thread last year. (I have a terrible memory I guess)

This is a great movie - saw it last night in Palo Alto. Make sure to see it if it is in your city. Hearing the original 4 track demos of Streets was amazing

:eyebrow:

The movie is not playing here where I live. I guess I have to go to Germany to see it. Man, that sucks.

oh yeah that sucks. :hug:
but here they showed it only in very few and small cinemas.
I saw it last week and I loved the scene when Page plays whole lotta love/ edges/ jacks reaction. I think Jack thought something like, ok you can stop now, while edge couldn't believe it. LOL

oh yeah that sucks. :hug:
but here they showed it only in very few and small cinemas.
I saw it last week and I loved the scene when Page plays whole lotta love/ edges/ jacks reaction. I think Jack thought something like, ok you can stop now, while edge couldn't believe it. LOL

I loved that scene too... priceless looks on their faces...:up:

Great, enjoyable documentary for anyone who enjoys the creative process in any form, just exemplified by guitar playing/songwriting.

And as a bonus, all you Interferencers will notice how much of the incidental music is U2's, and mostly not the big hits.

Great, enjoyable documentary for anyone who enjoys the creative process in any form, just exemplified by guitar playing/songwriting.

And as a bonus, all you Interferencers will notice how much of the incidental music is U2's, and mostly not the big hits.

Yeah the use of obscure U2 music used throughout was amazing. :up: Surprises around every corner of the movie. I couldn't believe I was hearing one after another like that!

Yeah the use of obscure U2 music used throughout was amazing. :up: Surprises around every corner of the movie. I couldn't believe I was hearing one after another like that!

I loved the movie and can't wait for the DVD. However, while I was glad to hear a lot of U2 in the background, some of the choices seemed pretty odd. For a movie that is highlighting the distinctive styles of three guitar players and their influence on their bands, I'm not sure why you would chose to put Grace and Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World in there. Granted those songs were just used as background, not specifically as examples of The Edge's work, but still, it seemed a bit odd to me.

A minor gripe though - overall it's an excellent movie.

The studio version of Trash Trampoline and the Party Girl really had me :ohmy: , but I felt it worked, in every case you heard the guitar "open" the scene, and I think they were just trying to encompass many different sounds and styles he's used, not just the trademark Edge everyone already knows. (His distinctive style, as you mentioned)
That's the way it seemed to me anyways.

i wonder if edge tries a jimmy page solo in the movie :drool::hyper:

cant wait to see this. it better come out on DVD.

There's a very cool part where the 3 of them are all playing together and each one takes a turn at little slide solo, and Edge's is sooo unmistakingly Edge style.

I finally saw this on the 11th. I know this has been
talked about a lot but watching Jack & Edge watch
Page play was :cute: I half expected them to start
jumping up and down and start squeeing. LOL

I saw this yesterday and thought it was so cool! I really enjoyed all 3 of them, not just Edge. I knew a lot of the stuff Jimmy said, and of course Edge, but I didn't know a thing about Jack White. I don't think I'd ever heard him speak until I saw clips of the film over the past year.

I loved the diverse crowd in the theater. There was a family in front of us and the parents were there to see Jimmy, the kids were there to see Jack. There was a woman sitting next to my friend, probably in her 50's and by herself, that said she saw it the day before and needed to come back and see it again to soak in all of the stories and music. :up:

I'm definitely going to go see it again this week while I know it's still at the theater. The place I went to rotates very quickly to accomodate films such as this so I don't expect it to be around too long.

Allright! It might get loud in Belgium at the filmfestival in Gent! just bought tickets.. 3 talented musicians in a movie.. can't wait.. :drool:

Does anyone know when the DVD is coming out? I know that's really jumping the gun but I know of one theater that it's playing in in my entire state-and no way will it ever come to my suburban multiplex (or any of them for that matter).

Still no release date in the UK?? Despite the fact that 2 of the 3 musicians are from the UK!! Shocking :|

Does anyone know when the DVD is coming out? I know that's really jumping the gun but I know of one theater that it's playing in in my entire state-and no way will it ever come to my suburban multiplex (or any of them for that matter).

I know how you feel. Only, I have to travel down to your state to see it. :(

Btw, I love your location. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom