The best U2 song ever written is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Sometimes you can't make it on your own :heart::heart::heart: - absolutely :love:

2. Wave of sorrow - masterpiece.
3. Hard to say... I will follow? Tomorrow? Gloria? All are amazing :wink:

I can see Lady With The Spinning Head being a potential nom for best U2 song. It contains all sorts of epicness in one song. I actually prefer the dance remix of LWTSH. There is that epic moment where everything just slows down at that point in the song (does anyone know the part I'm talking about?:eyebrow:) and then goes into an all out amazing guitar solo thing. It's one of my favs EVER!:drool:

I can see Lady With The Spinning Head being a potential nom for best U2 song. It contains all sorts of epicness in one song. I actually prefer the dance remix of LWTSH. There is that epic moment where everything just slows down at that point in the song (does anyone know the part I'm talking about?:eyebrow:) and then goes into an all out amazing guitar solo thing. It's one of my favs EVER!:drool:

:shocked:

I opened up this thread to see what people had to say, and I'm surprised that this was the latest post. I've been ADDICTED to LWTSH recently. In fact, its playing right now, and I've played it 48 times on my itunes over the last 3 days. I thought I was a huge U2 fan, but I'm very pleased that I discovered yet another gem. I knew of the song for a long time, I just didn't realize how great it was until now. I guess I didn't give it enough of a chance since it is a b-side. And I know exactly what you're talking about, when it slows down and speeds up. Yes I love that part, and the guitar solo is nothing short of spectacular.

Lady With the Spinning Head = Natural High

As for the best U2 song ever written, I would have to go with The Fly. Genius lyrics.

There is that epic moment where everything just slows down at that point in the song (does anyone know the part I'm talking about?:eyebrow:) and then goes into an all out amazing guitar solo thing. It's one of my favs EVER!:drool:

Yes!!!! With the violin strings and edges guitar all building up. Its the best part of the song. I do however still prefer the evolution from LWTSH (Ultraviolet, the fly, mysterious ways) to LWTSH. but its all great stuff.

There is that epic moment where everything just slows down at that point in the song (does anyone know the part I'm talking about?:eyebrow:) and then goes into an all out amazing guitar solo thing. It's one of my favs EVER!:drool:

Yes!!!! With the violin strings and edges guitar all building up. Its the best part of the song.:drool:
I do however still prefer the evolution from LWTSH (Ultraviolet, the fly, mysterious ways) to LWTSH. but its all great stuff.

Streets! :drool:

I would camp out overnight to just hear U2 REHEARSE this song. I listen to the inaudible setlist streams just to hopefully hear some of this song. I browse YouTube and randomly put on Streets at Slane just to watch it for the 100th time. The first thing I tried to learn on a guitar wasn't even basic chords, it was the notes to the intro. That's how good that song is!

Streets! :drool:

I would camp out overnight to just hear U2 REHEARSE this song. I listen to the inaudible setlist streams just to hopefully hear some of this song. I browse YouTube and randomly put on Streets at Slane just to watch it for the 100th time. The first thing I tried to learn on a guitar wasn't even basic chords, it was the notes to the intro. That's how good that song is!
neeeeeeeeerd.

absolutely on no 1:
A sort of homecoming ( i want it played on my cremation)

then shortly after

BAD
Kite
original of the species
sometimes you cant make it on your own
moment of surrender
oh and streets ofcourse !

Back
Top Bottom