The Annhilation Tour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really think the setlist suffers from not having enough new material. They could play some more of the great songs off of Blindness, and if they have to sacrifice something for Blindness is Love / Lovie is Blindness (snippet) or No Horizon on the Line I think the third Vertigo is expendable. I know that molten metal from Venus is hard to reproduce live, but if they can have a rotating stage surrounded by hd screens they can figure it out. What a disapointing tour.

Just got an email from Bono:

Hi,

I have arranged it so that just when Edge spontaneously combusts whilst playing Vertigo for the seventh time, a comet will drop from Venus and hit him, showering everyone with molten metal from Venus.

Larry has agreed to be in charge of the party at Axver's house; he is flying in two tonnes of vegan food and bulls' blood especially for the occasion. Dress code will be a black shirt that is as tight as possible (to the point of life-threatening) and 2ml of hairgel for each strand of hair possessed.

Adam will also host a special tea party for all others in Axver's kitchen. On special display will be his spoon collection.

I will be signing autographs and showing everyone footage of Africa, and Larry has pencilled me in for a seven-hour speech on Africa and poverty.

Sincerely, God.

PS: Threadslaughter is an unacceptable offence, Larry will be coming after you.

Last edited:
major_panic said:
Just got an email from Bono:

Hi,

I have arranged it so that just when Edge spontaneously combusts whilst playing Vertigo for the seventh time, a comet will drop from Venus and hit him, showering everyone with molten metal from Venus.

Larry has agreed to be in charge of the party at Axver's house; he is flying in two tonnes of vegan food and bulls' blood especially for the occasion. Dress code will be a black shirt that is as tight as possible (to the point of life-threatening) and 2ml of hairgel for each strand of hair possessed.

Adam will also host a special tea party for all others in Axver's kitchen. On special display will be his spoon collection.

I will be signing autographs and showing everyone footage of Africa, and Larry has pencilled me in for a seven-hour speech on Africa and poverty.

Sincerely, God.

PS: Threadslaughter is an unacceptable offence, Larry will be coming after you.

:lmao:

Corey of Narre Warren = well and truly owned.

blueeyedgirl said:
So, this Tour, this got anything to do with that festival of yours that never happened.... :grumpy:axveriffic my arse

Holy shit, I can't believe you dug that up or even remembered it!

There's a new and even better Axveriffic festival coming up. 2008-02-30, My Imagination, Brunswick West. It's going to be fucking superb.

Brunswick West has a tram line and everything. It is coooool. Cooler than wherever you live. Cooler than Narre Warren, even.

There's a Brunswick West? Next thing, I suppose you're gonna tell me that there's a West Richmond station, too...

But no SOUTH Richmond! :mad:

Everything will be on fire. Edge is igniting Australia.

The first thing I noticed from the Axveriffic thread is Reptile's post regarding that they could play the Exeter on Rundle Street.

THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN FABULOUS.

The last edit on the wikipedia page is hilarious. Somebody deleted it, and then an editor restored the whole article, thinking the deletion was "possible vandalism."

Varitek said:
The last edit on the wikipedia page is hilarious. Somebody deleted it, and then an editor restored the whole article, thinking the deletion was "possible vandalism."

Well, it was by a bot programmed to detect vandalism, and a typical form is to blank a page - but still it's pretty funny. What I find funnier is somebody is genuinely reverting as "vandalism" an edit about a "Vertigo (Extended Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeahhhhhh Mix)" - how can you really vandalise something that's blatant nonsense and vandalism anyway?

I really should submit this to Articles for Deletion ... but I'd rather not. It's still funny.

breaking news just in: -

"rock legends Brian May and Roger Taylor, due to tour later this year are headlined to appear on stage for an encore during U2s new tour taking place at the end of the year. When asked about the event Brian May stated "it is a huge honor to appear on stage with such big rock stars, i remember hearing them play at live aid and thought wow!, so it is an honor to play with them on stage", roger was asked what they will be performing, and he stated "we are going to open the encore with one of our greatest rock songs, tie your mother down, then go into U2s Ultraviolet, incorperating Brians and Edges guitar, Larry and myself on the kits, should sound awesome!"
Brian and Roger were also asked if anyone would see Bohemian Rhapsody arrive in the set, and they said they dont want to spoil any surprises"

:wink:

Axver said:

What I find funnier is somebody is genuinely reverting as "vandalism" an edit about a "Vertigo (Extended Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeahhhhhh Mix)" - how can you really vandalise something that's blatant nonsense and vandalism anyway?

That was my addition, but they removed it :grumpy:

Guys are you all as psyched as I am for The Edge Is Burning Tour in 2012? Who's gonna make the wikipedia page?

Also, am I the only one who pronounces this thing the "Ann-hill-ation Tour"?

prideofzootv said:
breaking news just in: -

"rock legends Brian May and Roger Taylor, due to tour later this year are headlined to appear on stage for an encore during U2s new tour taking place at the end of the year. When asked about the event Brian May stated "it is a huge honor to appear on stage with such big rock stars, i remember hearing them play at live aid and thought wow!, so it is an honor to play with them on stage", roger was asked what they will be performing, and he stated "we are going to open the encore with one of our greatest rock songs, tie your mother down, then go into U2s Ultraviolet, incorperating Brians and Edges guitar, Larry and myself on the kits, should sound awesome!"
Brian and Roger were also asked if anyone would see Bohemian Rhapsody arrive in the set, and they said they dont want to spoil any surprises"

:wink:

:lol:

Win.

Wikipedia knows everything.

Varitek said:
Also, am I the only one who pronounces this thing the "Ann-hill-ation Tour"?

Yeah, that's how I've been pronouncing it.

Ann Hillation is a second cousin of Adam Clayton, who is also related to Hillary Clinton.

Ann Hillation is an extremely efficient serial killer who will hunt down everyone who went to the concert in Axver's backyard and kill them seven hours after it finishes.

Ann Hillation uses an axe on her victims. The same axe used on One Tree Hill's one tree.

No, she used a copy of Passengers for that. Just to piss off Larry.

Back
Top Bottom