That little guitar embellishment on Elevation versions of "Stuck in a Moment"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
That little guitar embellishment on Elevation versions of "Stuck in a Moment"...

would make the studio version so much better. It's the smallest thing in the world, but my ears just want to hear that guitar part just before the second verse. I know people rag on the song, but I do actually enjoy it. It just feels empty between verses.

I think Stuck is a beautiful song, I just dont think it has ever been treated properly live (I want the full band! I go to a U2 concert to see U2, not Bono and The Edge just playing a few chords) or in studio (it is way over produced with the synth trumpets)

I do love the Edge's falsetto any day, however.

That little guitar part sounds pretty good on the International Radio Session recording as well (live but with no audience, and Edges guitar is boosted through the whole song, so you can hear exactly what he's doing, completely brought forward from the studio version)

They can never top the slane version, it's perfect. I always have that little guitar thing at 1:39 in my head when I listen to another version of the song. It's so small yet makes the song so much better.

Studio recordings are seldom as good as live versions (IMO). In saying that,for the Please single, they took the "solo" from the live version and used it in the single version

The full-band Stuck In A Moment has a slightly Dylaneque feel which I rather like and yes, the guitar part worked well on Elevation. Why they want to play it acoustically, I don't know.

I can't stand the studio version of Stuck, but it is a bit better live full band, and the acoustic arrangement is lovely.

I love the jazzy rhythm of the song that's really there in all versions of the song, but was especially present on the Elevation Tour. I wish Bono's lyrics were a bit... better, though.

Back
Top Bottom