Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2AlwaysForever

The Fly
Well.... I wish I lived in one of the tour cities because it would be a no brainer... But travel costs and what not.... Not sure if it's worth it... Will Bono play 10 songs or maybe just a handful and talk about the book? I'm looking forward to the book but anywhere from $500 to $1000 all things considered with flight and hotel.... I'd be ok just reading it without needing an in person monologue... Sorry if that makes me a bad fan. What's everyone's thoughts?

NYer festival appearance was tonight, pix are out and about on socials, details sure to follow

Yeah if there was gonna be a tour oddity... Surrender would certainly fit. But anyway... With some venues at capacity of 5,000 I have a feeling/hope it will be more than just three songs. We shall find out soon.

Setlist:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Encore: Ordinary Love

Yeah if there was gonna be a tour oddity... Surrender would certainly fit. But anyway... With some venues at capacity of 5,000 I have a feeling/hope it will be more than just three songs. We shall find out soon.

Yes, I was thinking the same given the size & type of the venues he’s got coming up.

Strange selection of tracks (without knowing the arrangement) though.

I think he’ll do about 10 songs which covers 10 chapters as well so about 100 minutes when you include him talking and basically introducing the song, 10 minutes per song. Along with the 3 played in New York I’d add out of control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, beautiful day, one, Cedarwood road, Iris, song for someone, 40, as good possibilities.

I would like to see him but it will be almost impossible. Maybe am I a bad fan too? I actually can't wait to read the book - it's so exciting! No I really don't think I'm a bad fan! Proud to be a very good one!!! [emoji39]

We should be getting some initial info within the next hour. Hopefully.

Bono showing up at the Beacon Theatre earlier today with another familiar face. :shifty:

[TWEET]1587952468826390529[/TWEET]

Very exciting stuff, the Setlist has exceeded expectation which was quite high compared to others to begin with. Can’t wait to see him in Glasgow now.

Interesting that it was being recorded; wonder if that will be for a streaming release after the tour is over.

Of course, they're the kings of filming stuff that doesn't see the light of day (Anton Corbijn's Heartland, anyone?).

I could see this as Netflix release that serves as the preamble to the scripted series.

I could see this as Netflix release that serves as the preamble to the scripted series.

i have zero insight but i HAVE to think that this whole Netflix thing is a bigger deal than just this scripted series thing.

they have so many possible releases.

• they remastered four concerts over COVID and only had them out for a few days. there has to be a bigger plan there otherwise it's a total waste of time and resources
  • The JT30 film - Heartland - still hasn't seen any sort of release
  • Last night at Beacon Theater was recorded
  • Bono recorded for Letterman's Netflix show recently

i have to imagine all of these things are a part of a bigger Netflix deal

A pair of Google Glasses would be ideal for these non phone events.

I was lucky enough to go to this event. When I lived in NYC I never made it into anything small like this like Irving or Letterman, I move to CT and I get a ticket to one of the hardest events ever. Go figure.

It was AMAZING. A little too artsy fartsy for I think for some of the audience, but most of us were U2 Die Hards who would watch Bono do anything. Irony was the guy I sat next too said he just found out he loved U2 1.5 years ago and he's 41... and first time seeing any performance of course so that was cool to find an older newer fan who is still 30 years younger than most fans there.

At one point i moved to the end of my row where 2 empty seats, also one in front of me. Sad to see of course.

Here is what the show is. He performed withe 3 musicians one of them Jacknife Lee.

i have zero insight but i HAVE to think that this whole Netflix thing is a bigger deal than just this scripted series thing.

they have so many possible releases.

• they remastered four concerts over COVID and only had them out for a few days. there has to be a bigger plan there otherwise it's a total waste of time and resources
  • The JT30 film - Heartland - still hasn't seen any sort of release
  • Last night at Beacon Theater was recorded
  • Bono recorded for Letterman's Netflix show recently

i have to imagine all of these things are a part of a bigger Netflix deal

Them not releasing Joshua Tree Tour has been so confusing to me... but part of thinks it's because they never got to finish the tour right? They still had overseas dates on the calendar?

Back
Top Bottom