Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, wow.

That was the first time I’ve ever been unable to even get tickets in a presale with a U2.com code.

Like, they vanished in front of my eyes within 15 seconds.

Any advice?

Damn.

rejected as well.

7464nb.jpg

Last edited:
So, wow.

That was the first time I’ve ever been unable to even get tickets in a presale with a U2.com code.

Like, they vanished in front of my eyes within 15 seconds.

Any advice?

Damn.

Same thing for me. I always got tickets through the fan club.

All gone in seconds. I couldn’t even have multiple dates open to jump to another

I’ll represent for the asshole contingent, don’t you worry.

Could also see him adding dates if the general sale moves as quickly as the presale. He put the work in, why not scratch the performance itch and keep his voice in shape?

Last edited:
Have the tickets turned up on the secondary market or have they just been snapped up by fans quickly, given the small venue sizes? I guess that was just the presale so maybe there weren't many available relatively speaking?

Have the tickets turned up on the secondary market or have they just been snapped up by fans quickly, given the small venue sizes? I guess that was just the presale so maybe there weren't many available relatively speaking?

Who knows? We're all in the same boat kind of figuring out this new world.

We saw is as far back as I&E with ticketmaster secondary market. Now, it's exploded every year since. Exacerbated by demand post COVID and even more focus on touring by popular artists. We all heard about Bruce and Taylor.

Specific to Bono, my aunt was in charge of tickets this time. She stressed for 6 hours in the pre sale . Was told they were gone every time she tried.

Waited a couple weeks and found 3 for a reasonable price.

Could've waited longer, too.

I'm going to keep looking around. Pretty sure I'll get to one of the Beacon shows.

It's a major issue that needs to be addressed and looks like it's starting to get mainstream attention. (topic for another thread)

So far, fingers crossed, even with this high demand, small venue Surrender tour, I've yet to face the choice of making my car payment or seeing the show.

I failed during pre sale too because these days every reseller has all that stuff...

But today in general I got single tickets to a few shows... literally got same seat for 2 shows, upper balcony.

I was lucky enough to see first show in the last row. Only trying for solo ticket is key to my success, so my advice if you're married like me, get a wife who doesn't like U2. Easy.

Unrelated, why has Bono not changed his glasses the last 5 years or so... he's stuck on the John Lennon circle glasses and to me it makes him look old... he's always had great sunglasses for 25 years, and I feel like a spouse hoping my husband or wife will stop wearing those ugly shoes, but not going to tell them so you don't get into a fight.

Does anyone like Bono's sunglasses these days?

Bring back some rectangle ones.

They're terrible lol.

Re; ticket prices - I actually don't fault Bono/U2 if their tickets end up at the same market value as every other major act out there - we've had a really good, exceptional run of ~$100 ticket prices to be up front with our favourite band, and it's very unique in the industry.

I am, however, completely disgusted that Ticketbastard extorts fees - FEES! - of $85 USD per ticket from me for the privilege of using their platform to purchase my ticket. That's criminal level imo.

Completely missed the general this morning, and ticket prices looking exorbitant. If I still lived in NYC, I’d suck it up and do the d-bag thing, but now I’d have to make a cross-country trip with flights, hotels, and as much as I miss NYC, this doesn’t quite seem with it.

Vegas, however, I’m all in. With or without Larry.

I almost pulled the trigger on two row R center orchestra tickets for $1300. Then I came to my senses. Not even Bono is worth that much. Screw this surge pricing bs

Too far off and too many platinum tix to worry just yet. Tix for the Nov show popped up at face. This many shows? Guaranteed decently priced tix show up in April

Feels like we're at a tipping point for the industry where they need to do something about this or it's going to start costing them. There was a bit of momentum gathered around this stuff 7/8 years ago but not much happened. Feels like there's angry posts about this every time a new gig goes on sale at the moment.

For U2 specifically... this doesn't bode well for the fans for something like the Vegas shows and I've seen a lot of posts online from hardcore fans saying they are now being priced out of gigs.

Feels like we're at a tipping point for the industry where they need to do something about this or it's going to start costing them. There was a bit of momentum gathered around this stuff 7/8 years ago but not much happened. Feels like there's angry posts about this every time a new gig goes on sale at the moment.

For U2 specifically... this doesn't bode well for the fans for something like the Vegas shows and I've seen a lot of posts online from hardcore fans saying they are now being priced out of gigs.

the Beacon Theater seats less than 3,000.

The MSG Sphere will seat 20,000.

That's not to say prices won't be crazy... i'm trying to get my wife Taylor Swift tickets right now and, ho-lee-fuck the prices are absurd... but fans getting closed out at the Beacon is not overly surprising and it's not apples to apples.

12 shows in the beacon is about 35 thousand seats - less than 2 arena shows, and less than 1 stadium gig.

and despite the small number of available seats - balcony seats still went for just over $100 bucks after fees. that's very low to what the market costs could hold. that the prices on the secondary market are crazy, especially right now - in the holiday season, right after being on sale? should not be a shock to anyone.

The standard ticket pricing was roughly in-line with (and in some cases lower than) what Springsteen on Broadway had established. The Bruce shows were smaller, however. Walter Kerr seated 917; the later run at St James seated 1709. Nonetheless, 6 Bono Beacon shows equal seating capacity for 19 Bruce Bway shows. Quite a feat for the face of a band that has been taking it on the chin for awhile and has released almost no new music since 2017. (The more charitable may recognize the Sing 2 song. I ain’t charitable.)

There were a few issues, though.
1. Everyone had a 4 ticket limit instead of 2 like the previous leg. Reads like a hedge against low demand. You need total fewer buyers if they can each buy more seats.

2. People who used their presale code already on this tour were again eligible to buy tickets in this presale. Ehh. Plenty of fanclub folks got shut out previously and, to me, should get priority over folks who already bought. If it was about “taking care of the fans”, they could’ve issued separate codes and access times like on every other U2 tour since 2009 but, again, they just want to make sure people buy tickets. Which, ok, except…

3. Platinum Tickets: What was surprising - and most dismaying - to me was the sheer number of seats only available as “platinum,” which now remain unsold and will likely trickle back into the “standard admission” pool with a downward price adjustment as the dates get closer. This is almost the entire loge level (go take a look at the seating charts) and vast swaths of the orchestra.

In U2’s now-standard “defeat from the jaws of victory” style, the headline could’ve been an immediate complete sellout [and maybe some “by popular demand” additional dates added onsale before Christmas] but the greedy algorithm apparently must be satisfied.

For all those of you who didn’t yet get tickets, keep your eyes peeled. I scored a single Loge ticket yesterday for $163 all-in, so some of the back rows may hit that price point as time goes on.

Last edited:
2. People who used their presale code already on this tour were again eligible to buy tickets in this presale. Ehh. Plenty of fanclub folks got shut out previously and, to me, should get priority over folks who already bought. If it was about “taking care of the fans”, they could’ve issued separate codes and access times like on every other U2 tour since 2009 but, again, they just want to make sure people buy tickets. Which, ok, except…

if there IS something that annoyed me about the presale and being shut out - it's this.

while yes - there are some overdramatic superfans who are vowing to never see the band again because bono won't sweat on them during his book tour - there are also some who saw him multiple times the first go-around who were able to use their code again.

if your code was used the first time, you shouldn't have gotten one the second time. that seems pretty fair.

Still tons of tickets left, just of course the 600 dollar platinum seats which I think means they changed prices for demand.

I was never able to figure out the starting price for tickets as I only ever got the balcony.

Still tons of tickets left, just of course the 600 dollar platinum seats which I think means they changed prices for demand.

I was never able to figure out the starting price for tickets as I only ever got the balcony.

I saw about 315 in orchestra, 163-350 in the loge, and 163/106 for lower/upper balcony.

Got lucky on the general sale but it was fairly chaotic. I just had to go for the first ticket in my price range I saw. Didn’t even look at where the seat was. Agreed that such a rush is partially expected for such a small venue. But this way of doing business from Ticketmaster is unsustainable.

Back
Top Bottom