Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to keep trying and working my angles, but if I'm dropping a shit ton of money in the next calendar year on a U2 related ticket, it's going to be in a globe shaped cocktail lounge in the trashy part of town (which is everywhere in Vegas, apparently)

Any luck getting tix with 3 new shows added? Thread went dead even with new shows added.

Didn't even try. I need to be in New York for a conference a few days after the last show, and extending my trip a few days so that I can see Bono's Reading Rainbow didn't seem like a thing even worth discussing with the wife.

Sometimes it's best to read the room and live to fight another day

My wife loves when I leave her alone.

However yes It was much easier when I lived in NYC. The joy of walking to and from home from a concert is a gift.

Now I’m CT burbs and it’s 90 min metro north to grand central. Not terrible. Driving and traffic and parking is what kills all of these events for me.

Or just use the Homer method:

68a2f53d-5831-4c2b-a8a6-6dec46af422d_text.gif

63e0ef12-5187-4bc9-a5ae-9ce9647a0bd1_text.gif

My wife loves when I leave her alone.

However yes It was much easier when I lived in NYC. The joy of walking to and from home from a concert is a gift.

Now I’m CT burbs and it’s 90 min metro north to grand central. Not terrible. Driving and traffic and parking is what kills all of these events for me.

yea i'm in DC... if i was still in NY it would be a no brainer.

i'm told it will become easier to, ya know, do shit once the kids can operate on their own without fear of them falling out the window or some other random bullshit, or so the rumor goes.

I was lucky to see it in person, but watching some of it again, now can clearly hear the connection to new reboot versions, but these are better live than on the album, so it's another new take...

yea i'm in DC... if i was still in NY it would be a no brainer.

i'm told it will become easier to, ya know, do shit once the kids can operate on their own without fear of them falling out the window or some other random bullshit, or so the rumor goes.

I knew that! No wonder you care about the politics!

That fear never goes away. Your life is over! Enjoy fatherhood!

Holy crap I don’t think he’s sang the falsetto part in COBL like that since the vertigo tour.

Yeah! And I'm at work now so can't watch the video; but I'm pretty sure he hit the "feeeelll" in Vertigo for the first time since the Vertigo tour.

Just reliving the moment here- it was only a little over 2 months ago for me. However, it was spine tingling amazing and emotionally overwhelming getting that first look of Bono walking out on that stage,

It was a couple things for me:

1) The entrance has always been dramatic and a high point for U2 shows.
2) The obvious come back after COVID, which I still try not to take for granted! Things are tough now, obviously, but I always try and think back to April 2020 when we couldn't sit in restaurants never mind see a show.
3) City of Blinding Lights was the first song I ever saw them perform as my first show was on Vertigo. I liked it at the time, but as I've sat with it over the years, it has moved into top tier U2 for me.

I relate to it more and more the older I get- and it's taken on an emotional weight since the I&E tour that wasn't there (in my perception) on Vertigo and 360.

First clerks’ gas comment, now this.
I can’t help but think this turn toward dark humor is due to Bono’s album cover photo.

(I’m all for the dark humor)

An American stand up comedian is killing it on stage.

A German Guy asks the guy next to him , "How come we don't have anyone as funny as this guy in my country?"

The other guy goes, "Because you killed them all."

First clerks’ gas comment, now this.
I can’t help but think this turn toward dark humor is due to Bono’s album cover photo.

(I’m all for the dark humor)

Holy shit [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I was going to use something from the appropriate "Tears in Heaven" era but I couldn't pass up that expression.

Score another one for the assho, err, good guys!
IMG_7906.JPG

U2, please use the TM ticket request thing moving forward.

I'm listening to the U2Start podcast from a few days ago with the guy who runs U2Songs... and while I appreciate everything he does say something in the beginning that annoyed me...

He said that he had purchased tickets for the upcoming Bono shows in New York but hasn't committed to going yet.

I know he's not the only fan who does that.

Don't do that.

There are others who know they want to go but can't get tickets.

If you think you can go buy something changes? That's fine, obviously. Shit happens.

But to scoop up tickets as a just in case? No. Don't do that.

This fan community has been so uplifting and supportive over the years, a place where fans can meet and become friends, exchange ideas and their own art, share their various passions.

And yet there is this whole level of superfan that I have nothing but contempt for. I've been seeing these freaks since the Elevation tour. They are people who seem to have no lives outside U2, don't seem to listen to much music outside U2, who feel the need to see a million shows per tour despite the setlists barely changing. They feel entitled to the best spots in GA spaces at every show they attend but want to be exempt from having to do the work of standing in line, and enlist their fellow superfans to fraudulently help them jump the line.

These are the type of people who sat down during the Boston Elevation taping. They're the same type of people who buy tickets they might not use.

I fucking hate these people. What a sorry, narrow-minded, inconsiderate life to lead, which seems to be the antithesis of what you should be getting out of U2's music. You'd think that seeing their lives spread against decades, writing about things going on in various countries, being activists about what's going on in many of them, would inspire fans to maybe like, see more of the world (and I don't mean just going to U2 shows abroad), explore other cultures, volunteer, etc. That doesn't seem to be a priority for most of them, instead just spending all their disposable income and time on following the band tour after tour.

As Bono always says, they've given U2 a great life, it would be nice if they actually had real lives of their own.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom