Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a former member who jumped on stage uninvited once.

Security tackled him Bono asked them to let him up.

He swung Bono around in his arms.

It turned into "a moment."

But it turned into a moment because Bono, being the professional that he is, saw what it was going to become if security pummeled this guy - who, though boorish and of the wrong political persuasion, was not an actual threat.

So it became a moment.

But it was a dickish thing to do.

There's been plenty of times where Bono has invited a fan up on stage.

Sometimes because the fan had a sign or did something else to draw attention to themselves, sometimes just because Bono felt like it.

There is one such fan who was pulled up on stage at MSG during Vertigo during WOWY because some girls were arguing over trying to get their sister on stage, too. So Bono said fuck them and pulled up the fellow in the turban instead. And he's been invited back on stage a dozen times since. Pure luck.

These are not dickish things.

They may annoy some, but that's a different argument altogether. Some people just don't like mom jeans. That's their problem.

This is the end of my Ted Talk.

I like that you made this distinction! Very important one. Bono has always been quite generous in interacting with fans on the right terms. And good reminder on turban man that he's human like the rest of us, notices and is put off by dick ish behavior.

I assume you're talking about the Diamond incident?

LMAO! Whatever became of him? Haven't seen him around these parts in over a decade.

Any word on when the other promo stuff will appear for this? Marc Maron? Letterman? An actual show being released?

More like 3 members of the band and

13656952-1994971626649768.jpg

There's been more than a few recordings of Stories of Surrender, the San Francisco gig in particular, but u2torrents now has a recording which is from multiple IEM sources and other audio - it sounds incredible.

If you still plan on seeing a show and are waiting for new dates, I'd wait, as part of the joy of seeing it was going in not knowing much other than the performance of WOWY he did at a couple of shows. But if you're not going to see it, or have seen it already, definitely check it out.

There's been more than a few recordings of Stories of Surrender, the San Francisco gig in particular, but u2torrents now has a recording which is from multiple IEM sources and other audio - it sounds incredible.

If you still plan on seeing a show and are waiting for new dates, I'd wait, as part of the joy of seeing it was going in not knowing much other than the performance of WOWY he did at a couple of shows. But if you're not going to see it, or have seen it already, definitely check it out.
Just download and only listened to COBL and I am already pissed as hell that he didn't do a proper show in DC. It sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom