Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. It is factual that Bono did not call your friend prior to the show to plan for him to interrupt it. Or are you saying Bono did call your friend?
Ok that is a fact you pointed out, to then express an opinion. I don’t think it’s a particularly relevant fact as nobody was even suggesting he called him but yes it’s a fact.

Ok that is a fact you pointed out, to then express an opinion. I don’t think it’s a particularly relevant fact as nobody was even suggesting he called him but yes it’s a fact.

Ok since we established the fact that Bono and your friend did not preplan the incident, then it is indeed a dick move to interrupt a show. This is not a matter of opinion. And if you want to continue to move the goal posts of reality to support your argument, I heard the Trump 2024 Campaign has a couple staff openings this time around.

Ok since we established the fact that Bono and your friend did not preplan the incident, then it is indeed a dick move to interrupt a show. This is not a matter of opinion. And if you want to continue to move the goal posts of reality to support your argument, I heard the Trump 2024 Campaign has a couple staff openings this time around.
Well you’ve proven to me you don’t know the difference between a fact and an opinion so well done. Go and look up the definition of the word fact because you are wrong so you either don’t know the difference between the two or are arrogant enough to think that because you have a view shared by others that makes it a fact, which it doesn’t.

Well you’ve proven to me you don’t know the difference between a fact and an opinion so well done. Go and look up the definition of the word fact because you are wrong so you either don’t know the difference between the two or are arrogant enough to think that because you have a view shared by others that makes it a fact, which it doesn’t.

Trump 2024

When you have to resort to that you know you’re clutching at straws. When you learn the difference between a fact and an opinion get back to me.

It is a fact that you're the only one in this thread that doesn't think the guy was a dick for interrupting the show. The term for that is "contrarian". It is also a fact that you are acting like a contrarian. It is also a fact that interrupting someone is considered rude. Another fact is that the slang word "Dick" can be synonymous with being rude. The slang word "Dick" can also be synonymous for being a contrarian.

All facts. Baa....

As someone who can’t stand people yelling out for something during a show (especially a quiet/intimate setting), this strikes me as cringey at best, but as long as it doesn’t lead to a rash of people throwing their kids onstage next tour to get the COBL walkabout treatment**, we can probably collectively just roll our eyes, mutter “ugh” (or your comment of choice) and move on.

**I am myself, however, open to being gracelessly rolled on stage for said treatment.

It is a fact that you're the only one in this thread that doesn't think the guy was a dick for interrupting the show. The term for that is "contrarian". It is also a fact that you are acting like a contrarian. It is also a fact that interrupting someone is considered rude. Another fact is that the slang word "Dick" can be synonymous with being rude. The slang word "Dick" can also be synonymous for being a contrarian.

All facts. Baa....
Might be the only one on here that thinks that but not the only person on the planet, several people at the show who were chatting afterwards couldn’t care less, I never heard one person disapprove on the night, although I’m well aware some people would have still felt disapproval but there certainly wasn’t a unanimous opinion. Is it rude to interrupt someone in every circumstance? Have a little think about that one as well and see what you come up. But your grasp of facts and opinions isn’t great unfortunately which will make it difficult for you to converse in future with certain people let alone have a reasonable debate. In that regard being a sheep maybe isn’t a bad thing as it means you will generally go along with the majority view and find less people to disagree with so for your sake I’m glad you continue to baa away it seems like a sensible fit.

Do you know, random new person, that a member of this forum legitimately once saved Larry's life. That's way cooler than whatever story it is you're talking about here.

That's your opinion.
Has anyone ever told you how funny you are? Honestly whatever you do for a job give it up right now because you are a comedy genius, absolutely hilarious. All original material as well, keep it up.

Has anyone ever told you how funny you are? Honestly whatever you do for a job give it up right now because you are a comedy genius, absolutely hilarious. All original material as well, keep it up.

Actually, quite a few of my friends tell me that I'm funny. Well, more "punny" than anything. I normally prefer the quick hitter, on the fly joke than the long winded joke. I suppose you could say I'm a sucker for dad jokes too. Thankfully my better half enjoys the puns and dad jokes. Even when she rolls her eyes, I can tell she's enjoying it, so that's nice.

In regards to my career, I appreciate the compliment, but I'm currently very happy in my role and I'm not looking for a change at this time.

Actually, quite a few of my friends tell me that I'm funny. Well, more "punny" than anything. I normally prefer the quick hitter, on the fly joke than the long winded joke. I suppose you could say I'm a sucker for dad jokes too. Thankfully my better half enjoys the puns and dad jokes. Even when she rolls her eyes, I can tell she's enjoying it, so that's nice.

In regards to my career, I appreciate the compliment, but I'm currently very happy in my role and I'm not looking for a change at this time.
Unfortunately you’ve failed the sarcasm detector test as well now. That’s sarcasm, opinions and facts to do some research on. The list grows but at least you’ll be kept busy. Keep us informed with how you’re getting on.

Let us know when you or one of your friends saves Bono's life, like the incredible member here who saved Larry's in the early 80s, instead of being a bit of a nuisance.

Let us know when you or one of your friends saves Bono's life, like the incredible member here who saved Larry's in the early 80s, instead of being a bit of a nuisance.
Hopefully there won’t be a scenario where it’s necessary to save any of their lives but I’ll be sure to let you know. How did a fan save Larry’s life in the 80’s? Not heard that before but definitely sounds a lot more interesting than the other conversation I’m caught up with on here.

Unfortunately you’ve failed the sarcasm detector test as well now. That’s sarcasm, opinions and facts to do some research on. The list grows but at least you’ll be kept busy. Keep us informed with how you’re getting on.

There's an actual sarcasm detector test? Where can I find one?

Funny haha or funny strange?
ce7c92ce-726f-4cf4-99c3-5d527946b129_text.gif

Reads like the old days in here …

(So-called friend was an entitled dick and I would have wanted him to get tossed out of the theater)

Has anyone used the work "sheeple" yet?

That's always the sign of an argument-winning statement in these sort of threads.

Has anyone used the work "sheeple" yet?

That's always the sign of an argument-winning statement in these sort of threads.
The lack of basic understanding between a fact and an opinion is usually the sign that someone shouldn’t even be participating in a debate/argument. People like that must walk about thinking all their own views are fact, worrying.

Back
Top Bottom