Support acts for the upcoming tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Who would you like to see? Who do you think will do it?

I'd go the arctic monkeys for the American leg. They seem to be getting noticed a lot in the states now and a tour with U2 would push them even more

For Europe I'll go for Noel Gallagher. Would be a dream to see U2 and one part of oasis on the same night. Noel's a massive U2 fan and I reckon he would be up for it. What a line up that would be.

More like the other way around. U2 should be so lucky
as to be able to open for the great RUSH.

rush-splsh.jpg

Who would you like to see? Who do you think will do it?

I'd go the arctic monkeys for the American leg. They seem to be getting noticed a lot in the states now and a tour with U2 would push them even more

For Europe I'll go for Noel Gallagher. Would be a dream to see U2 and one part of oasis on the same night. Noel's a massive U2 fan and I reckon he would be up for it. What a line up that would be.
Even better, it'd piss off Liam Gallagher to no end!!!!!:applaud::applaud:

U2 always picks boring acts. There's so many great indie acts at the top of their game that would likely open for U2...instead they'll pick some limp mainstream rock act like Kings of Leon or Muse.

Why not Broken Bells? They're doing a little tour now, but will probably be done by the time U2 ramps things up. I'm sure DM would love to spend more time with the band.

U2 always picks boring acts. There's so many great indie acts at the top of their game that would likely open for U2...instead they'll pick some limp mainstream rock act like Kings of Leon or Muse.

Surely kings of leon are too big to support u2 now anyway

Even better, it'd piss off Liam Gallagher to no end!!!!!:applaud::applaud:

There was a rumour going round a while back that Noel had agreed to support U2 when he was out with Bono a while ago.

But id put this rumour along with the u2,greenday and metallica tour rumour

Arctic Monkeys? What is this 2007?

Noel Gallagher? What is this 1997?

The arctic monkeys have just had their most successfull album to date in the states and Noels just come off a huge debut album and tour.

Interpol WAS a great band. Turn on the Bright Lights is one of the defining albums of the 2000s. Antics is great too. U2 was right to give them a chance, only it was 5 years too late.

The Jezabels, Bombay Bicycle Club and Broken Bells are three acts supporting new albums that would be a logical fit for U2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom