Streaming audio interviews from the Achtung Baby era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
U2 Interview Archive ? (1991-1994) Achtung-Zooropa

Have a listen to the 2nd interview for a startling set of differences.

-Edge is interested in pushing things to extremes or doing something simply (He says "One" is an example of a simple song, but it's so complex, given the band's present-day standards.

-Adam says that U2 never expected the album Achtung Baby to do well on the radio. Wow, and they did it anyway.

-Edge says he's proud of the mix for "The Fly", contrary to what the band says in "U2 by U2".

There are lots more interviews and I've just started. I realize many of you have heard this stuff, but it's so enjoyable for fans like myself who are less experienced in the multimedia from before 2000.

but it's so complex, given the band's present-day standards.
No, it's not...

-Adam says that U2 never expected the album Achtung Baby to do well on the radio. Wow, and they did it anyway.
Context is key... This was the early 90's, the anti-hero was the cool role. Act like you didn't give a shit, but then turn around and shoot a video so that everyone got to hear your music.

-Edge says he's proud of the mix for "The Fly", contrary to what the band says in "U2 by U2".
Every artist will tell you they are proud of their work at the time of it's promotion, time is the true factor...

On that page, there's a Feb 1992 interview with Mark Goodier and U2's views are totally different with regard to ads during the tour; marketing; to conceiving an album that isn't radio-friendly but can get played because they have the power of Island Records behind them for promotion. Fascinating stuff.

Back
Top Bottom