Stories For Boys (Demo) on Just For Kicks (1979) finally digitized online.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carax

Babyface
Hi all,

You may be interested to know that I've digitzed the full Just For Kicks LP. This is the first time, as far as I'm aware, that any of these tracks have been available online.

As you know, it includes a rare demo version of Stories For Boys. Also, The Edge played bass on the Teen Commandments’ track “Something’s Better than Nothing”. Thus becoming the earliest recorded collaboration by a member of U2 with another act.

You can read about the record and listen to the tracks here:

Just For Kicks (1979) ? Come here to me!

If you could publicise the post in anyway, I'd be most grateful. I'm constantly looking for people's help in my quest to collate, digitize and archive singles and LPs from the Dublin Punk & New Wave scene (c. 1976 - c. 1984).

All the best.

Isn't the 'Just For Kicks' version of Stories For Boys accidentally on the Boy remaster bonus disc? I thought I'd read somewhere that version was included, instead of the U2Three version.
:hmm:

(If so, that means that version has been available digitally for two years now)

I thought the Stories For Boys version on the Boy Deluxe Remaster 2nd disc is from Three? I read in the booklet that Edge said they were from Three. Let me go check...

ETA: In the back it says:

IMG_20101122_123912.jpg

This "Demo" version from the Just For Kicks compilation, was included on the Boy Remaster Deluxe edition, the "Single" version was left off, :crack:

I just listened to that and the rest of Just For Kicks...over and over...

I kind of wish it was a CD I could buy. My mom has a record player, but...they just aren't very portable ;)

I was under the impression that the "Three" version and the "Just For Kicks" version were the same recording, just slightly different mixes.

Back
Top Bottom