Stand Back People!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
After reading a few comments and some of the stories I've heard, I have to do this post!!!

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

WHEN WAITING TO SEE BONO DO NOT YELL AT HIM!!!! HE WILLGO AWAY!!!

DO NOT RUSH HIM! HE WILLGO AWAY!!! BRIAN WILL DEFINATELY MAKE HIM LEAVE.

IF EVERYONE WOULD STAND THERE RESPECTFULLY, HE WILL STAY LONGER AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF MEETING HIM.

I KNOW ITS EXCITING BUT COMPOSING YOURSELF IS THE BEST WAY TO HIM!!!!

MOST PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE THAT HE IS VERY SOFT SPOKEN AND NOT LOUD UNTIL HE'S ON STAGE!

THROUGH MY MANY EXPERIENCES IN THE PAST FEW YEARS WITH WANTING TO MEET HIM I CAN SAY THIS IS THE WAY TO GO.

MAYBE BRIAN WILL EVEN GET TO KNOW YOU AND KNOW YOUR NOT A THREAT IF YOU ACT APPROPRIATELY!!!!! :up:

After awhile Brian recognizes certain fans, he has an amazing memory. At Thursday night show he kept looking over at me and I didn't want to do anything since he was following Bono along the stage. He came over to the railing made like he was looking at something behind us and before he walked away tapped me on my arm. I knew right along he recognized me!

:up: Kuddos, this stuff can never be said enough. But this goes for the whole band to , doesn't it.

Having waited outside Croke Park for about 5 hours this summer only to have Bono drive past very fast into the ground with only a thumbs up, I don't have much sympathy with those who've had a chance to meet them multiple times. Me and my mates even blagged our way into Lillie's Bordello cos we'd heard a rumour they would be going there after the Saturday show but to no avail - although a great time was had I won't lie!

I'm not one for following celebs or waiting outside hotels but with U2 I would just love to have the very brief opportunity to say thanks really. Sigh, maybe one day! :hmm:

It was so aggravating the amount of times that I tried to meet them last tour. I almost got knocked down several times by stupid ebayers and hysterical morons trying to meet the band. So, I gave up trying to meet the band this tour and enjoy the concerts. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the concerts last time. Just less stress.

FYI:

Larry smart. He did the usual
about 8 hours ago from txt

Bonos suv rocked riot style, chased down the street

Edge and adam mobbed. Stuff thrown at edge. Saw a baseball.

Security should have put up barricades

OMG. What the hell happened after the SNL show? Band could have been seriosly hurt. I have not seen a mob like that before.

After awhile Brian recognizes certain fans, he has an amazing memory. At Thursday night show he kept looking over at me and I didn't want to do anything since he was following Bono along the stage. He came over to the railing made like he was looking at something behind us and before he walked away tapped me on my arm. I knew right along he recognized me!

This is so true. Brian remembered me at Boston 2 and we said hi to each other. He's an awesome guy. :up::love:

Act appropriately and you will be remembered for the right reasons. :wink:

Do have to agree with whoever said these people who were acting the morons at SNL the other night likely don't post here.

It was so aggravating the amount of times that I tried to meet them last tour. I almost got knocked down several times by stupid ebayers and hysterical morons trying to meet the band. So, I gave up trying to meet the band this tour and enjoy the concerts. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the concerts last time. Just less stress.

Ebayers/autograph hounds. :madwife: One kept hitting me on the head with his clipboard/whatever it was at Abbey Road a few years ago to try pass his "memoribilia" to the band to be signed. :angry: : ouch : The band refused to sign for him though. :wink::love: That's a whole different topic though. :lol:

After reading a few comments and some of the stories I've heard, I have to do this post!!!

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

WHEN WAITING TO SEE BONO DO NOT YELL AT HIM!!!! HE WILLGO AWAY!!!

DO NOT RUSH HIM! HE WILLGO AWAY!!! BRIAN WILL DEFINATELY MAKE HIM LEAVE.

IF EVERYONE WOULD STAND THERE RESPECTFULLY, HE WILL STAY LONGER AND PEOPLE WOULD HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF MEETING HIM.

I KNOW ITS EXCITING BUT COMPOSING YOURSELF IS THE BEST WAY TO HIM!!!!

MOST PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE THAT HE IS VERY SOFT SPOKEN AND NOT LOUD UNTIL HE'S ON STAGE!

THROUGH MY MANY EXPERIENCES IN THE PAST FEW YEARS WITH WANTING TO MEET HIM I CAN SAY THIS IS THE WAY TO GO.

MAYBE BRIAN WILL EVEN GET TO KNOW YOU AND KNOW YOUR NOT A THREAT IF YOU ACT APPROPRIATELY!!!!! :up:

Why are YOU yelling?!

you're SOO right about that. he's just a very very sweet guy. when we were hanging out at the hotel in london, he always kept telling us when Bono was gonna leave (well he usually left at least an hour late) and even told us when he'd be back, and made sure we wouldn't be wasting our time waiting all day. I asked him about if Edge was still inside one day and he just said "I don't know, I only look after Bono" :D we're definitely getting Brian something next year!

Edge's new security guy is also very cool, btw. He made a big deal of coming over and saying "good morning" every day he saw us :up: we were on the other side of the street that one morning because we didn't think anyone would leave yet and didn't wanna be in the way. all of a sudden he starts shouting over "you guys might wanna come over here" because Edge was about to leave and we would have missed him otherwise :D

luckily everytime I've met them there were only very few people around, because it was usually very late at night or days before the concerts and people didn't think they were in town yet. I don't even bother going to hotels on the day of the concerts anymore, I get easily embarrased by people screaming "BONO" the whole time. :huh:

ha JC you should have been there last night. COMPLETE disaster. when Edge came out everyone rushed all over him he was telling everybody to calm down and no one would.

then adam and bonos cars pulled to the side cuz they were going to come greet everyone. welllll a bunch of people ran across the street almost getting run over and adam and bono left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom