Spiderman Songs : opinions and how U2 could reuse them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medley

The Fly
So, I think it would be great to have a thread to talk specifically about the songs of the Spiderman musical: what do you think of them, do you think U2 should use them and if so, how?

Here are the links of the songs (Many thanks to Stargift). I hope they still work but if not let me know and I will reupload them.

MP3s of the main songs:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/spiderman-news-part-2-a-208720-12.html#post7067538

Flac files of the complete show:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/spiderman-news-part-2-a-208720-16.html#post7075171

Tracklist of the show:

Splash Page
Behold and wonders
Bullying By Numbers
No More pt. 1
No More PT. 2.
Do It Yourself
Bouncing Off the Walls
Rise Above
Music Interlude
Pull the Trigger
Picture This
I'll Take Manhattan
Spiderman Rising
Turn Off The Dark
Walk Away
Think Again
Sinistereo
Deeply Furious
If the world should end
Boy falls from the sky
Love Me Or Kill Me
music at end of show

I hope you will like them. I really really do :).

It could be nice also to have a poll to know what is your favourite song. So if a moderator can add that to my post... Thanks in advance.

If I have to rank them I would give them these scores. Five stars doesn’t mean it’s the best song I’ve ever heard just my favourite one(s) and no stars doesn’t mean it’s crap just that it’s my least favourite one(s):

Splash Page **
Behold and wonders *
Bullying By Numbers ***
No More ****
Do It Yourself ***
Bouncing Off the Walls ****
Rise Above *****
Music Interlude ****
Pull the Trigger **** > Fantastic solo
Picture This **
I'll Take Manhattan
Spiderman Rising *
Turn Off The Dark ** > It’s really growing on me though
Walk Away ***
Think Again **
Sinistereo **
Deeply Furious *
If the world should end ****
Boy falls from the sky *****
Love Me Or Kill Me *

A few of these songs are growing on me. BFFTS, ITWSE, No More (the anywhere but here song). I imagine the band will record a couple of these and release them with the soundtrack to the musical.

are any of them up on youtube? i don't really want to download massive files...

I haven't listened to all the more filler-type songs yet, but No More and Rise Above are breathtaking. Unfortunately, No More is broken into pieces by dialogue, so it's difficult to properly evaluate. This is a song that will stand out more when it's recorded. IMO, Rise Above stands among their best work. Boy Falls is good...and PERFECT for a Spider-man musical. Reminds me so much of the Batman song, but I'm kinda over it. Doesn't really have the enduring power of No More or Rise Above.

Back
Top Bottom