Spiderman News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed they did. Some lyrics from two songs are posted online, and one other song, "Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk" was released as the B-side on "The Fly" single. "Alex Descends" was recorded in 1990, just after Rattle & Hum, and is such a departure, you can really see how the guys were interested in re-inventing themselves as liars, charlatans, revelers in all things confused. It's amazing.

That is so fucking cool! :bow::cute: :heart: 'Liars, charlatans, revelers in all things confused', I like that. Think maybe that was a highpoint for them? Well, for them, for me. Did Alex like milk? I forgot that. It's years ago I saw it.

Are you English by any chance?

I am surprised there has been no audio leak from this showing. Surely someone recorded something out there.

Indeed they did. Some lyrics from two songs are posted online, and one other song, "Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk" was released as the B-side on "The Fly" single. "Alex Descends" was recorded in 1990, just after Rattle & Hum, and is such a departure, you can really see how the guys were interested in re-inventing themselves as liars, charlatans, revelers in all things confused. It's amazing.

Really? Where can these lyrics be found? I've never heard of this.

That is so fucking cool! :bow::cute: :heart: 'Liars, charlatans, revelers in all things confused', I like that. Think maybe that was a highpoint for them? Well, for them, for me. Did Alex like milk? I forgot that. It's years ago I saw it.

Are you English by any chance?

English? No. Los Angeles.

Alex and milk? Yessir. Here's the Kubrick film clip, synched to U2's "Alex Descends":

YouTube - ALEX DESCENDS INTO HELL + A CLOCKWORK ORANGE = U2/Kubrick mashup

Bono lyrics from the RSC play are on this page:

A Clockwork Orange 2004 Play by the Royal Shakespeare Company, Anothy Burgess & U2 1990 - London, England

Los Angeles eh? Well isn't that interesting. So you're just really into Clockwork Orange. Whereas I like, nay LOVE :heart: the Royal Shakespeare Company. Different tastes. It's funny I never thought I had ANYTHING in common with U2, and I don't! Apart from, you know, THEM, so this is interesting for me.

You say 'Bono lyrics from the play'. Are they from Bono or the play

Interesting article from Antony Burgess.

Los Angeles eh? Well isn't that interesting. So you're just really into Clockwork Orange. Whereas I like, nay LOVE :heart: the Royal Shakespeare Company. Different tastes. It's funny I never thought I had ANYTHING in common with U2, and I don't! Apart from, you know, THEM, so this is interesting for me.

You say 'Bono lyrics from the play'. Are they from Bono or the play

Interesting article from Antony Burgess.

From what I understand, those are two lyrics from the play, written by Bono and the Edge.

Posted on U2's Facebook page this morning:

n5678046685_1755850_815507.jpg

Yeah that was posted on some movie sites a month or so ago, I actually really like the subtitle.

I'm posting this entire page since I searched and can't find this in any other forum...what I wouldn't give to be able to sing like "Sinead O’Connor with a Middle Eastern/Bulgarian/Greek twist" :cute:

From Spider-Man On Broadway - Official Site

SPIDER-MAN TURN OFF THE DARK ANNOUNCES
OPEN CASTING CALLS
DIRECTED BY JULIE TAYMOR, MUSIC & LYRICS BY BONO & THE EDGE
BOOK BY JULIE TAYMOR AND GLEN BERGER

SPIDER-MAN Turn Off The Dark, featuring direction by Julie Taymor (Across The Universe, Frida, The Lion King on Broadway) with music and lyrics by 22-time Grammy® Award-winners Bono and The Edge, and written by Taymor and Glen Berger (Underneath The Lintel), will be holding open casting calls at major cities across the country starting next week.

SPIDER-MAN is looking for performers with dynamic rock/pop voices including those with experience in bands and as solo performers. Regardless of experience, anyone who thinks they might be qualified is encouraged to audition.

Open casting calls are being organized by Telsey + Company (Rent, Across The Universe, Sex & The City, Wicked) and will be held in the following cities:

CURRENT SCHEDULE OF OPEN CALLS - click on a city to see the addresses.

Orlando, FL Thursday, April 9
New York, NY Monday, April 13
Los Angeles, CA Saturday, April 18
Seattle, WA Monday, April 20
Chicago, IL Thursday, May 7
Austin, TX Wednesday, May 27
The production is looking for candidates to fill the following roles (both principals and understudies):

PETER PARKER – Male. 16-20’s. Must have a great rock tenor voice. Can be nerdy with understated sex appeal and a good sense of humor.

MARY JANE – Female. 16-20’s. Beautiful girl next door. Strong pop/rock singing voice required.

In addition, SPIDER-MAN is looking for a

LEAD FEMALE VILLAIN – Female. 25-35 years old. All ethnicities encouraged. Must have an amazing rock voice. Think Sinead O’Connor with a Middle Eastern/Bulgarian/Greek twist. Foreign and/or world music types are great. Foreign accents are great.

WHAT TO BRING:
All interested people should bring a snapshot or photo of themselves and a brief pop/rock or rock song to sing a capella.

For more information, updated casting call information, or if you are not able to attend any of the above casting calls, please e-mail: SpiderManCasting@gmail.com or visit Spider-Man On Broadway - Official Site.

I just checked to see if they have updated the seating chart, and ticketmaster said January performances have been canceled.

Ha, I kinda remember this, and I kinda remember thinking it sounded like HMTMKMKM. I guess when U2 hear "superhero" they know what kind of music they want out of it :lol:

What a whore fucking bitch!

Evan Rachel Wood had harsh words for Bono and The Edge when she met them - she told the U2 stars to make their music less depressing.
The Wrestler actress is set to take on the role of Mary Jane Watson in the new musical SpiderMan: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway, which will debut in February.
U2 frontman Bono and guitarist The Edge are writing new music for the musical - and Wood found herself giving them tips at a recent meet-up.
She tells Britain's The Times, “I was like, ‘Bono, I know you want to save the world and everything, but in this song you’re talking about poverty and world hunger and it’s Broadway. Can we lighten this up a bit, can I just not sing this?’
"He was like, ‘You’re right, I know, we have to try, we have to try’.”

STFU BITCH! I think it's safe to say I'll be boycotting her "films" from now on. WTF would she even now? Ugh. C-word whore.

Ok look, we dont mind foul language here but that is just overkill.

Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom