Spiderman Discussion - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TV Carpio as a cheerleader singing 'I want to hold your hand' about another girl is the single best thing about Across The Universe.

Maybe it doesn't matter whether or not Bono is in charge, or who's on first, or whatever.

At this point, does anyone think it will ever actually open? ;)

spideyrush.jpg

:lmao:

I'm kind of tempted to go watch it before they shut it down, just for comparison's sake later on when the revamped version opens. That and I'd love to see TV Carpio before Arachne gets cut down, the role might be too much atm but she's super-talented and adorable.

I'm thinking T.V. Carpio might not be with this show much longer. She's one of Julie's "family," (i.e., the people that Julie likes to work with in various projects) which is a good part of why she got the understudy role and then the actual role to begin with. Plus, as you mentioned, the expected cutting down/out of the Arachne role.

Same could be said for Reeve but I'm under the impression Bono and Edge believe in him and his band, what with Carney opening for U2 in Canada. Plus, Bono and Edge were there when Reeve "auditioned" and they asked him back. Don't know if that happened with Carpio.

I suppose bono and edge jumping off the julie taymor bandwagon and admitting that the thing was a mess, validating every argument you and I have been making, kinda shot all sorts of holes in his/her debate tactics.
Oh please that doesn't prove anything, but if you want to believe that feel free, I certainly don't care. I just think the project is dead now and as a result I'm not that interested by it any more. Having Bono more involved could be fun to see but I'm not confident about the final result at all especially with hundreds of guys working on it and the original creator out. This is not art any more just another of these well marketed project. Perhaps it will be a fun entertaining show and not a mess at all and many like you perhaps will think that will be an improvement but like I have always said that's not what I was expecting from this project and why I was interested by it.

I hope it will do well though because the producers, who can't be blamed and at least have tried to do something great at the beginning, have given Taymor a lot of creative freedom. I understand that at one point they of course have to stop losing money and try to do something much more conventional but that doesn't make it a good decision for the creative aspect of the show imo. Well I guess I have the perfect opportunity to prove that I wasn't interested by this project because B&E are involved as if that was the case I would be of course even more enthusiastic about it right now but that's not the case at all.

At least the music part of this is going to be stellar: if Bono and Edge are making as many changes of the score, adding new songs and improving older ones as they say then the music material to come from this could very well be for me as enjoyable as a regular new U2 album.

Sorry to be late I had to read all these posts... At first I thought that people here had eventually listened to the score and were debating eagerly about it but I guess there are more interesting subject than that :wink:.

I'm thinking T.V. Carpio might not be with this show much longer. She's one of Julie's "family," (i.e., the people that Julie likes to work with in various projects) which is a good part of why she got the understudy role and then the actual role to begin with. Plus, as you mentioned, the expected cutting down/out of the Arachne role.

Same could be said for Reeve but I'm under the impression Bono and Edge believe in him and his band, what with Carney opening for U2 in Canada. Plus, Bono and Edge were there when Reeve "auditioned" and they asked him back. Don't know if that happened with Carpio.

Could be, but if you recall the footage we saw on 60 Minutes from the workshop back in the day Carpio was there, dueting Rise Above with Bono.

They don't need to cut Arachne out of the show -- they just need to clarify her motives and have her character stay true to it.

The 'Deeply Furious' moment could work with a different song and about 78 less pairs of shoes. It could be the moment where we really see how disappointed she is in Peter and how her jealousy consumes her...instead of hitting up Nine West

medley said:
This is not art any more just another of these well marketed project.

It is a Spiderman musical. The fact that you think it was art to begin with speaks volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom