Special edition of Uncut all about U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this in a shop, they say Is That All? is as good as A Sort of Homecoming...I wanted to burn every copy in the shop

I've been looking in the stores and haven't seen it yet, so yeah you might want to order just in case, though it still might show up!

i picked up a copy last week. it's okay, i was hoping the section on the complete discography might be a little more in depth rather than just listing every single and their individual tracklistings. Would have been great to have read a bit more about their B-sides. perhaps a section on U2's unreleased stuff?

Have to say though some of their song ratings are a joke. I hope Axver didn't look at Rattle and Hum :wink: Joshua Tree had all the obligatory 5 star ratings for all the 'right' songs but come on...the amount of songs on NLOTH rated a full 5 stars was taking the piss. The judgement passed on that album could only be more clouded were it to have been made by Q Magazine! :huh:

Still a very good read though and was great to read the section on Zooropa and Passengers. Not sure I made the right decision buying this though, it's mostly stuff I, as I'm sure most of you as well, have read before :sexywink: like I said though, very good read and definitely some information in there I never knew. Just would have liked some more on their B-sides and stuff.

Have to say though some of their song ratings are a joke. I hope Axver didn't look at Rattle and Hum :wink: Joshua Tree had all the obligatory 5 star ratings for all the 'right' songs but come on...the amount of songs on NLOTH rated a full 5 stars was taking the piss. The judgement passed on that album could only be more clouded were it to have been made by Q Magazine! :huh:

Ooh, ooh. I bet I know these. I'm pretty sure I read enough identical reviews when I first became a fan to know the results!

Boy - A SOLID DEBUT ***
October - A BAD HANGOVER; IT IS RUBBISH **
War - OMG SBS, NYD ****
tuf - OH THAT ENO; PRIDE! *****
JT - IT IS THE GREATEST TRIUMPH OF THE DECADE AND THE FIRST HALF IS FULL OF CLASSICS EVEN IF THE SECOND HALF IS KIND OF DULL BUT THE SINGLES OMG *****
RAH - PREPOSTEROUS **
AB - AMAZING AND ONE IS A SUREFIRE CLASSIC THAT EVERYBODY LOVES *****
Zooropa - A BAD HANGOVER; IT IS RUBBISH **
Pop - WHAT THE HELL U2 *
Atycub - A REMARKABLE RETURN TO FORM! THEIR BEST YET ****
Hutdab - A REMARKABLE RETURN TO FORM! THEIR BEST YET ****
NLOTH - TRANSCENDENT *****

Ooh, ooh. I bet I know these. I'm pretty sure I read enough identical reviews when I first became a fan to know the results!

Boy - A SOLID DEBUT ***
October - A BAD HANGOVER; IT IS RUBBISH **
War - OMG SBS, NYD ****
tuf - OH THAT ENO; PRIDE! *****
JT - IT IS THE GREATEST TRIUMPH OF THE DECADE AND THE FIRST HALF IS FULL OF CLASSICS EVEN IF THE SECOND HALF IS KIND OF DULL BUT THE SINGLES OMG *****
RAH - PREPOSTEROUS **
AB - AMAZING AND ONE IS A SUREFIRE CLASSIC THAT EVERYBODY LOVES *****
Zooropa - A BAD HANGOVER; IT IS RUBBISH **
Pop - WHAT THE HELL U2 *
Atycub - A REMARKABLE RETURN TO FORM! THEIR BEST YET ****
Hutdab - A REMARKABLE RETURN TO FORM! THEIR BEST YET ****
NLOTH - TRANSCENDENT *****

This

Bought mine 2 WEEKS AGO here in London—really enjoyed it.

Aside from a selection of interviews and archival photos I enjoyed the 3 page album-by-album recaps. A great excuse to take a day off and listen to their whole catalog a listen while digesting some great articles.

Had no intention of looking for it that day, but was browsing around at the book shop at music magazine and this full page NLOTH ad (on the back page) was staring at me. I grabbed it and flipped it over to find a whole, relatively thick, U2 magazine. How exciting!

Wonder if they're planning on releasing these for other bands as well?

I didnt know about it. Just happened to see it whilst stood in the queue in HMV buying the Magnificent vinyl. Same old same in there overall, but one or 2 things that I hadn't read before.

I enjoyed reading it though there are a lot of mistakes in it.

I read most of it in the train to Venice and back again. Reading the very old stuff made me want to listen to their first albums again really badly.

Some nice stuff in there, but nothing really new.

All I can say is that it was a worthwhile read until they gave:

Gone **
Please *** :huh:

What a load of f*king bolloxs.:down:

yeah I really didn't get some of those. Some of the most unlikely songs got great reviews and others the opposite. Real shame.

as for the post about the unbelievable price I hear you there! I got mine in Fopp for 3.50 i think

I GOT MY COPY TODAY IN THE MAIL!!!! :happydance: :yippie: :loveshower: :drool:

It's AWESOME! magazine chalk-full of U2!!
runny-1.gif

There are some pics in there that I had never seen before
high5.gif

I finally managed to read all of it. Some intersting stuff in there, though nothing really new. There are also a lot of mistakes, which I find annoying, and sometimes I'm really amazed by the song ratings. Anyway, I actually tried to listen to every U2 album in chronological order while reading the respective archive material about the individual albums. It was a great experience, just going through the whole U2 catalogue again, also a nice way of preparing for the tour :)

I finally managed to read all of it. Some intersting stuff in there, though nothing really new. There are also a lot of mistakes, which I find annoying, and sometimes I'm really amazed by the song ratings. Anyway, I actually tried to listen to every U2 album in chronological order while reading the respective archive material about the individual albums. It was a great experience, just going through the whole U2 catalogue again, also a nice way of preparing for the tour :)

:up:

think i'll try that.

Anyway, I actually tried to listen to every U2 album in chronological order while reading the respective archive material about the individual albums. It was a great experience, just going through the whole U2 catalogue again, also a nice way of preparing for the tour :)

It took longer to read during Under a Blood Red Sky and R & H since I watched the videos. It was fun though.
Good way to spend a stormy Sat. (last weekend) :up:

Those of you who ordered online, did it arrive in mint condition and was there careful packaging to prevent bending?

I wanted to buy it from stores to ensure a good quality copy, but I can't find it.

How much of it is interviews and insights on the albums? Half?

Thanks in advance.

Mine arrived with some damage. The packaging lacks board to keep it from creasing.

Mine arrived in good shape, can't recall if I'd call it mint, I'd have to pull it out and look at it again.

However, I was in a Barnes and Nobel store in San Diego tonight and they had a ton of em on the shelf, all mint condition!

Thanks, folks. I'll just wait for it to come in the stores, then. I hate damaged magazines, and it's a hefty $10 shipping fee, and I've collected so many U2 interview magazines over the years and have never read them. So, I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom