Songs you'd like U2 to cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Sarajevo

Babyface
Just reading the B-side thread got me thinking about U2's best cover versions. I really like Everlasting Love, Dancing Barefoot and Bono and Frank's version of I Got You Under My Skin. What songs would you like to see U2 do a cover version of? I'd love to see:
- Gospel Choir (by the 4 of Us) - one of the best U2 songs never written by the band!
- Hold Me (by Damien Dempsey) - a gem of a song.
-
I also think Bono's voice would also suit songs that are performed by female vocalists. I'm sure there is a Sinead O'Connor or Cranberries song he could do as well.

A few Church songs (I don't really care which ones). The band could use the cash. :)

Some Canadian Content

Helpless

If I Had a Rocket Launcher

If it be your will

Rebellion

Eyes of a Stranger

New Orleans is Sinking

'Learning to Fly' by Tom Petty! To me it sounds like Tom Petty is covering U2 whenever I hear the song.

INXS: Devil Inside, Never tear us apart(full song)
The Cure: Friday I'm in Love

If I Had a Rocket Launcher

Actually, it says on Wikipedia about this: "Following their album Rattle and Hum, U2 reportedly rehearsed the song a number of times with the intention to record a cover, although this never materialized."

I have no clue if that's accurate (it's not cited), but I read that there.

'Learning to Fly' by Tom Petty! To me it sounds like Tom Petty is covering U2 whenever I hear the song.

Thank you! Now I know why most of Tom Petty's catalogue is a take or leave for me, while I love learning to fly!

Definitely has a U2 feel to it, especially the opening lines.

Was listening to Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits and thought,wow U2 could do an excellet cover of this.

Found the thread, thought I'd give it a bump

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

A mate of mine thought it was a U2 song when she overheard me playing it on itunes.

Back
Top Bottom