Songs You DON'T Want To Hear, on the next tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
I Kissed A Girl
Low
So What
Everybody (Backstreets Back)
Mmmmbooop

Ok so now we have the P.A Pre Show Music done with........ Songs I don't want U2 to play...........Ok so its not so much NOT to play but perhaps put on rotation for other good betterererer songs that they have in their catalouge

Ie:

One
Pride
Bullet

Pride
One
SYCMIOYO
SIAMYCGOO
Elevation

I don't want to hear Vertigo either, but that's never gonna happen.

But I don't wanna see Bullet dropped. I'm one of few that still love live Bullet.

This thread is a coldplay crack waiting to happen. (But I will manfully refrain from taking the bait:D)

They really need to give Bullet, New Years Day, Until The End Of The World and I Will Follow a well deserved break from the regular setlist. The other warhorses - One, Streets, WOWY, Pride and SBS can be on a rotation of 2 or 3 every couple nights.

I was listening to Rattle and Hum the other day and realized how much I love that version of Bullet on there! I think Zoo TV had the last good version of the song. Starting from Popmart, it has pretty much sucked on every tour! If they don't make it sound fresh again, it HAS to be kicked out!

I Kissed A Girl
Low
So What
Everybody (Backstreets Back)
Mmmmbooop

These songs are all better than anything U2 has written in the last 15 years.

Dude. I think I speak for girls who grew up in the 90s everywhere when I say that Everybody is the greatest thing that ever happened to music. U2 just can't compete! I saw the BSBs live and cried when they came on stage. I wish I was joking.

MMMBop also transcends critisism.

I know how this thread is going to finish, there will be such a long list of songs different people don't want to be played that if U2 followed it, their days at concerts will be over, then some people will get offended and the thread will get closed by the mods.

I know how this thread is going to finish, there will be such a long list of songs different people don't want to be played that if U2 followed it, their days at concerts will be over, then some people will get offended and the thread will get closed by the mods.

lolololol

You seem to know this forum pretty well... but what you're saying is a possible scenario for any thread here!

Definitely do not want to hear Pride for a long time, ditto Still haven't found and Elevation. With or Without You should be used a bit more sparingly, however I'm happy to hear Bullet and UTEOTW as much as possible!

I will not want to hear:

Until The End Of The World- been played too much
With Or Without You- at least get a play some nights
One- same as WOWY
Elevation
New years Day- too much played (new years day-until the end of the world transition)
Beautiful Day- same
love and peace

Keep or bring back

The Fly
Zoo Station
Windows In The Sky
Where the streets have no name
sunday bloody sunday
Bullet the blue sky
original Of the Species
A Man And A Woman
Last Night On Earth
Discoteque- on occasions
all because of you
Sometimes you cant make it on your on
I still havent found what i'm lookin for
stuck in a moment- not acoustically but regular version
Even better than the real thing
Bad

songs without guitar, like running to stand still, october, original of species, all in piano versions.

I will not want to hear:

Until The End Of The World- been played too much
With Or Without You- at least get a play some nights
One- same as WOWY
Elevation
New years Day- too much played (new years day-until the end of the world transition)
Beautiful Day- same
love and peace

Keep or bring back

The Fly
Zoo Station
Windows In The Sky
Where the streets have no name
sunday bloody sunday
Bullet the blue sky
original Of the Species
A Man And A Woman
Last Night On Earth
Discoteque- on occasions
all because of you
Sometimes you cant make it on your on
I still havent found what i'm lookin for
stuck in a moment- not acoustically but regular version
Even better than the real thing
Bad

so you don't want some of the first list because they've been played too much? But then in your "keep or bring back" list you have SBS, ISHFWILF, BTBS, Streets, and the Fly????!?!!??!

I don't care what songs are played as long as they are played well. Sometimes on the Vertigo Tour Bono half-assed bullet, he needs to sing it with angerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and passion like ZooTV and before...any staple is ok to bring back as long as they perform it like it's meant to be...same goes for WOWY, Bono should maybe even stop bringing people up on stage if it makes for a better performance, and he needs to sing it like he did on JT/LT tour....also Larry needs to do a better job if they bring WOWY back...:shrug:

But I don't wanna see Bullet dropped. I'm one of few that still love live Bullet.

For me, it depends. If it's ZooTV Bullet, play it every fucking night. Elevation Bullet, yeah, OK. JT/Lovetown and Popmart Bullet, meh. Vertigo Bullet can fuck off and never come back.

Anyway, songs I don't want to hear, going chronologically and comprehensively:

The Ocean
I Fall Down
Is That All?
Red Light
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
4th Of July
MLK
ISHFWILF
WOWY
Trip Through Your Wires
Walk To The Water
Deep In The Heart
Sweetest Thing
Love Rescue Me
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
One
So Cruel
TTTYAATW
Ultra Violet
Salome
Babyface
Miss Sarajevo
Elvis Ate America
Miami
Playboy Mansion
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
In A Little While
Peace On Earth
The Hands That Built America
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Yahweh
WITS

i.e. both songs that are boring or suck live now, or are just boring or suck anyway.

Now, admittedly, I'd be excited initially if some of the rare tracks there were played, but solely due to their rareness and the "holy shit wow!" factor of it all. If they became commonplace, I'd soon wish they'd disappear again. See: Miss Sarajevo, which was exciting initially but now I'm completely over it.

I won't be as comprehensible as that white boy above me, but quite simply, I just don't want any song to be played every single night. Sure, do it a few nights in a row, then rest it. I'd also desperately like to see a variety of openers, whether from the new album or otherwise.

If none of the songs below are ever played again, it's still too soon:

One
Pride
WOWY - I love it, but it's just piss poor these days. If they could breathe some life into it, perhaps.
OOTS
I Will Follow (let's see some more from the first three, though)
Vertigo
Love and Peace Or Else
Bullet (under circumstances)
SYCMIOYO
ABOY
SBS - as it is now
Miracle Drug
Discotheque
Stuck
Elevation

There are a lot of songs that I don't like, BD the main example, that I'd still like to see played. That song is still a massive hit, sure gets the crowd rolling.

U2 need to make a video like the Everybody video. But which monster will each of them be?

Damn Chass, that's a fine idea. I need to watch that video again real soon and think about this one. Post-haste, in fact!

I was listening to Rattle and Hum the other day and realized how much I love that version of Bullet on there! I think Zoo TV had the last good version of the song. Starting from Popmart, it has pretty much sucked on every tour! If they don't make it sound fresh again, it HAS to be kicked out!

WOW !!!!

Are you familiar with the Elevation Tour version??? It might be their best version ever!

WOWY, Pride, SBS, ISHF .... I love Bullet, still think it should be given a rest, at least for a while. Beautiful Day ... basically a long of their all-time standard tunes, most of them need to be reworked. It even wouldn't hurt too much if they didn't play Streets at every show, but I understand why they are doing it. Same for ONE.

I would love to hear some of the Bomb songs again, maybe in a better version, like Miracle Drug or OOTS. Vertigo is a great opener und should be kept, maybe altenating with Elevation and COBL.

They need to bring In a little while back, the full version, also Ground beneath her feet and Stay, as well as Running to Stand Still, maybe alternating with Sometimes and Miss Sarajevo.

With Stuck, I prefer the accoustic version, Walk on is better in full band.

Until the end of the world is one of my all time favourite live songs by anyone, so I'd hate to see that one go. I actually think they didn't play it often enough on the last tour.

And I'd love to hear more Kite. :heart:

I guess I'm the only one on this board who isn't too keen on Acrobat live. I love the song, but I've never been a fan of the Fly live either. Acrobat would mean Bono mumbling his way through yet another song. I don't think they'd pull off a good version, it just doesn't appear to be a "live" track to me.

UTEOTW, on the other hand, yes, any time. I don't think I've ever seen a bad performance of that song.

Back
Top Bottom