Songs You DON'T Want To Hear, on the next tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, maybe they make a surprisingly great version out of this song. But they tried it before and didn't pull it off in the end. I'm just a little careful here because I feel the song is difficult to play live, and people seem to have a lot of expectations concerning this song.

Personally, there are many other rarely played U2 songs that I'd prefer to see and hear.

I was listening to Rattle and Hum the other day and realized how much I love that version of Bullet on there! I think Zoo TV had the last good version of the song. Starting from Popmart, it has pretty much sucked on every tour! If they don't make it sound fresh again, it HAS to be kicked out!

I don't agree with you in terms of POPMART Bullet. In my opinion, It is very
very good. Specially, EDGE's guiter solo is.... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Sure, maybe they make a surprisingly great version out of this song. But they tried it before and didn't pull it off in the end. I'm just a little careful here because I feel the song is difficult to play live, and people seem to have a lot of expectations concerning this song.

Personally, there are many other rarely played U2 songs that I'd prefer to see and hear.

Well trying to play it once in soundcheck is hardly much of a try; if the band gave it half of the attention that it deserves they could of pulled it off live. I mean sure there are other rare songs but Acrobat is probably the best U2 song never to be played live

Judging Acrobat's live potential by a low quality recording of an acoustic version being soundchecked would be like judging Even Better Than The Real Thing's live potential by the Tokyo performance where Edge's guitar cut out and half the song was played without him, or judging Desire's live potential by the acoustic Elevation Tour version rather than the Lovetown shredding solo version.

OK, then I say: Bring it on. The expectations in this song are so high that I can already hear people being disappointed and complaining.

I'm all for it.
Still I doubt we'll ever get to hear it live.
If they didn't playing on ZooTV, they won't play it now.

We know we're never gonna get Acrobat live; doesn't change the fact that the majority of people here would love it to happen. Sub-par Acrobat would be better than Pride for the millionth time

OK, then I say: Bring it on. The expectations in this song are so high that I can already hear people being disappointed and complaining.

You supposed "positive" fans can seriously be the most dismal of the bunch sometimes, with your continual expectations of "I can already hear people being disappointed and complaining."

Get over it already. If you don't want to encounter different opinions, get off the Internet.

If they didn't playing on ZooTV, they won't play it now.

This was once said about The First Time and The Wanderer.

Get over it already. If you don't want to encounter different opinions, get off the Internet.
Yes, that's exactly what I expected.

Why don't you get off the internet if you cannot just accept somenone's opinion who is NOT madly in love with Acrobat or does NOT despise One?

And me expecting people complaining is simply based on my experience here on this board.

How many "songs you would like to hear" / "songs you would not like to hear" threads have we had now, honestly?

Why can't we have a "Songs that you might like to hear" thread or "Songs that you are not opposed to hearing live" thread?

How about "Songs I kinda don't like but I can put up with depending on my mood"?

How many "songs you would like to hear" / "songs you would not like to hear" threads have we had now, honestly?

Why can't we have a "Songs that you might like to hear" thread or "Songs that you are not opposed to hearing live" thread?

How about "Songs I kinda don't like but I can put up with depending on my mood"?

Songs you've heard JUST NOW?
Songs you're going to hear?
Songs you've dreamt of?
Songs you've almost heard?
Songs you listen to while eating?
Songs you listen to while drinking?
Songs the person above you is listening to?
DESCRIBE the song you're listening to?

IQ=OOC?!

VERTIGO
PRIDE
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT
ONE
ELEVATION
BULLET THE BLUE SKY

:down:

:rolleyes:In all honesty, they could play Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and I would be right there singing along and screaming my lungs out because I would just love to see the band LIVE!!!

I am a U2 fan - the good, the bad, the ugly, through thick and thin......

All the dinosaurs:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
One
Bullet
WOWY (only because they haven't been able to play it/sing it properly in many years)
I Will follow
ISHFWILF
New Years Day

+ Everything from HTDAAB

Yeah this thread is sorta pointless...lets just combine it with the other threads on this same exact subject....in the thread about what songs you want to hear, there's people saying what they don't want to hear.....why not just combine?

And me expecting people complaining is simply based on my experience here on this board.

and that's fair and true, BUT pointing it out every possible chance you get is just as annoying.
----
back on topic

Pride
I Still Haven't Found...
All of ATYCLB (8 minute version of Kite would be very OK, though)

Unforgettable Fire, A sort of homecoming, all of POP except for Staring at the sun acoustic, all of Zooropa, all of Achtung Baby, Pride and Sunday Bloody Sunday

perhaps I can think of more later
:hyper:

and that's fair and true, BUT pointing it out every possible chance you get is just as annoying.

Well, actually, I'm not pointing it out every possible chance, only when given a chance, aka in threads like these.

What's annoying to me are people here that always go into "us against you" mode, whoever doesn't take part in the negativity is a "sheep" or "blind follower" and "likes everything U2 has ever done" and so on.

Now it seems people have to apologize for being positive about stuff. I don't get it.

Damn Chass, that's a fine idea. I need to watch that video again real soon and think about this one. Post-haste, in fact!
I watched it the other night, during my second margarita :p

I can see Larry as a skeleton, and Edge as a mad scientist.

I want to say Bono is a vampire, but I'm not sure.

And I haven't a clue for Adam.
:rolleyes:In all honesty, they could play Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and I would be right there singing along and screaming my lungs out because I would just love to see the band LIVE!!!

I am a U2 fan - the good, the bad, the ugly, through thick and thin......
Aww, that's cute :cute: *pats you on the head*

You have soooo much to learn about this site :wink:

What's annoying to me are people here that always go into "us against you" mode, whoever doesn't take part in the negativity is a "sheep" or "blind follower" and "likes everything U2 has ever done" and so on.

:hmm: I think deep down everyone here "likes" everything U2 has ever done
("likes"=/="loves")
(and I'm not counting occasional trolls and attention w:censored:s )
you have to be more positive ;)

:wave:

:hmm: I think deep down everyone here "likes" everything U2 has ever done
("likes"=/="loves")
(and I'm not counting occasional trolls and attention w:censored:s )
you have to be more positive ;)

:wave:

I love U2 but I definitely don't like everything they've ever done; I mean the original Twilight? Is That All? Daddy's Gonna Pay? Miami? U2 have made a few clunkers

Back
Top Bottom