Songs That Need A Rest This Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have Dortmund, Montreal and Nantes. I guess I'd say Nantes is the best. If there are better soundboards out there I'd love to hear them.

I think the Dortmund boot is the best audio quality, but it is incomplete obviously. The best complete show is Nantes from that tour as far as soundboards/fm broadcasts go. The Chicago 2nd night and Bologna 2nd night audience recordings are also top notch for audience recordings from that time.

Songs that need to rest for the next tour:

- Pride
- SBS
- I still haven't found what I'm looking for
- Walk on
- Miss Sarajevo
- Stuck in a moment
- In a little while

Songs that need to be rotated:

- WOWY
- Elevation
- I will follow
- Out of control
- 11 o'clock tick tock
- Gloria
- City of blinding lights
- Bad
- The Unforgettable fire
- Zooropa
- Even better than the real thing
- The Fly

Songs that need to come back and be played every night:

- Bullet the blue sky
- New Year's day
- The electric co
- Exit
- Gone
- God part 2
- Kite
- Lemon

Songs that U2 will have to play every night no matter what:

- Vertigo
- Beautiful day
- Where the streets have no name
- One
- Until the end of the world

Dinosaur act teritorry.

Also, I think present day U2 attempting full albums from the past, won't end well.

Oh, please.

First off, what exactly would you call U2? New and fresh? News flash... THEY'RE OLD!

Secondly... Many acts both old and young have done it.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I really want GET ON YOUR BOOTS to continue

It's just plain fun
Ok, Interference police, arrest me :angry:

Songs that need to rest for the next tour:

- Pride
- SBS
- I still haven't found what I'm looking for
- Walk on
- Miss Sarajevo
- Stuck in a moment
- In a little while

Songs that need to be rotated:

- WOWY
- Elevation
- I will follow
- Out of control
- 11 o'clock tick tock
- Gloria
- City of blinding lights
- Bad
- The Unforgettable fire
- Zooropa
- Even better than the real thing
- The Fly

Songs that need to come back and be played every night:

- Bullet the blue sky
- New Year's day
- The electric co
- Exit
- Gone
- God part 2
- Kite
- Lemon

Songs that U2 will have to play every night no matter what:

- Vertigo
- Beautiful day
- Where the streets have no name
- One
- Until the end of the world

I concur with a lot of this list, though there are perhaps a few reaches on the "come back every night" list; and personally I could go without Bullet again, for like ever. What is he going to sing, "I can't hear those sneaky drones"?

Can anyone explain why Until the End of the World seems to be so constant? I loved it during Zoo, especially the Inside show I saw, but what drives the longevity?

Wired would be a welcome deep cut, though it might lose 90% of the next crowd.

My vote for another rarity is When I Look at the World. The extra long and very rare snippet from Elevation was very well done.

Yeah, Bullet needs a defibrillator of an arrangement to rescue it, there were some occasional performances of it that were pretty electric on Elevation but other than that it's been pretty dead post-Popmart.

Yeah, Bullet needs a defibrillator of an arrangement to rescue it, there were some occasional performances of it that were pretty electric on Elevation but other than that it's been pretty dead post-Popmart.

Agree, total crap on the Vertigo Tour, but to me also on PopMart. Elevation Bullet was very good and of course Zoo Bullet kicked ass..... I would welcome such a return, but of course not ala Vertigo.....

Everyone who thinks Popmart Bullet was "total crap" has to check the Leeds version.

Can anyone explain why Until the End of the World seems to be so constant? I loved it during Zoo, especially the Inside show I saw, but what drives the longevity?

It's a good song and works pretty well in a live setting, perhaps? Obviously, I'm sure the band feels the same way, so they must enjoy it enough to keep playing it (aside from the Vertigo and brief 360 breaks, of course).

Weirdly enough, I never saw it at the first two shows I went to, but it was definitely the one I was looking most forward to at the summer 2011 shows.

My vote for another rarity is When I Look at the World. The extra long and very rare snippet from Elevation was very well done.

:up:

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the fact that UTEOTW is fucking awesome.

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the fact that UTEOTW is fucking awesome.

This!!

UTEOTW has the complete package of a rocking U2 live song.

-Bono singing great lyrics
-Awesome Larry & Adam rhythm
-Powerful Edge Guitar & Solo
-Cool Intro & Epic Outro

I never get tired of them playing this song. Its just one of those songs that reassures the U2 Live Expereince

This!!
I never get tired of them playing this song. Its just one of those songs that reassures the U2 Live Expereince

I had a conversation with a fan at the Chicago 2011 show and she asked me what songs I was most looking forward to. I mentioned UTEOTW as one and quickly added, "But I'm sure you're sick of it at this point." (She had been to 20+ shows in the past, at least.) She quickly smiled and said "No, not at all! It's amazing live."

I suppose if Streets is the one that should get grandfathered into every show, this one might not be too far behind.

11 O'clock Tick Tock every show.

Alongside ASOH, hearing that song live is my holy grail.

Those are actually my top two...I'd like to hear "Discotheque" and "Lemon" almost as much, but they aren't guarantees for the audience to dig and they also rely too much on electronic backing tracks.

But both "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" and "A Sort of Homecoming" would go ever well live. As long as they rehearse them enough so Bono remembers the lyrics, the crowd will completely dig them since they're both very propulsive numbers.

Those are actually my top two...I'd like to hear "Discotheque" and "Lemon" almost as much, but they aren't guarantees for the audience to dig and they also rely too much on electronic backing tracks.

But both "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" and "A Sort of Homecoming" would go ever well live. As long as they rehearse them enough so Bono remembers the lyrics, the crowd will completely dig them since they're both very propulsive numbers.

As well as the correct speed for 11 o clock..... Cause last time during Elevation Tour is was a lullaby...:down:

Since some of these are the 'usual' suspects, it's worth seeing how often these songs were actually played on the 360 shows...

· Get On Your Boots (110 times)
· Walk On (110 times)
· In A Little While (50 times)
· Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (36 times)
· Elevation (94 times)

GOYB - on top of the list, in more ways than one... That would be my retirement choice.

Clearly the band think so as well. Although I was at the Chicago May 13th 2001 Elevation show where it was dropped and I can honestly say I did not miss it. :shrug:

This reminded me of the Elevation tour rehearsals. They tinkered with using it as the opening.

Found this in my archives after thinking about the above. Thought you might find it interesting in relationship to this thread. I think it is interesting how the setlist evolves with a week to go.

Date: March 17, 2001
Venue: Miami Arena

1. Edge tinkering
2. The Ground Beneath Her Feet (acoustic instrumental)
3. Desire (acoustic instrumental)
4. Stay (acoustic)
5. With Or Without You
6. In My Mind (demo/jam)
7. Walk On
8. Walk On
9. Walk On (intro)

Rehearsal

1. (intro Music “I Wanna Go Higher”)
2. Until The End Of The World
3. Beautiful Day
4. Stuck In A Moment
5. Gone
6. New York
7. 11 O’clock Tick Tock
8. I Will Follow
9. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
10. All I Want Is You
11. The Sweetest Thing
12. The Sweetest Thing
13. Desire (acoustic)
14. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
15. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. The Fly
18. Discotheque/Staring At The Sun
19. Mysterious Ways

Date: March 18, 2001

1. Edge tinkering
2. October (Edge only instrumental)
3. (intro music “Levitate Me” Pixies)
4. Elevation
5. Until The End Of The World
6. Beautiful Day
7. Stuck In A Moment
8. Gone
9. Discotheque/Staring At The Sun
10. New York
11. I Will Follow
12. New Year’s Day
13. I Will Follow
14. New Year’s Day
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Get Up Stand Up)
16. The Sweetest Thing
17. The Ground Beneath Her Feet (acoustic)
18. Bad (Ruby Tuesday)
19. Bad
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
22. The Fly
23. Mysterious Ways
24. Mysterious Ways
25. Bullet The Blue Sky
26. With Or Without You

Date: March 20, 2001

1. Elevation
2. Stuck In A Moment
3. Until The End Of The World
4. Discotheque/Staring At The Sun
5. I Will Follow
6. New Year’s Day
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday/Get Up Stand Up
8. Sweetest Thing
9. Sweetest Thing
10. Angel Of Harlem
11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
12. Bad/Yellow
13. Where The Streets Have No Name
14. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
17. Bullet The Blue Sky
18. With Or Without You
19. One/Hallelujah
20. Walk On

Date: March 21, 2001 Rehearsal

1. (Influx Intro)
2. Elevation
3. Until The End Of The World
4. Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
5. Gone
6. Discotheque/Staring At The Sun
7. New York
8. Kite
9. New Year’s Day
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday/Get Up Stand Up
11. Sweetest Thing
12. In A Little While
13. Bad
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. The Fly
16. Mysterious Ways
17. Bullet The Blue Sky
18. With Or Without You
19. Walk On
20. I’m Gonna Make It (demo jam)

The following songs should get an indefinite rest for the next tour:
Get On Your Boots
Walk On
In A Little While
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation

The following songs should not appear on the setlist every night, or should be 'freshened up':
I Still Haven't Found
Mysterious Ways
One
With or Without You
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride

Pretty much this.
In the first group I would add acoustic "Stay" (if you gonna play it again, do it full band... and electric), "City Of Blinding Lights" and "Miss Sarajevo" (it worked great on Vertigo Tour, but it always sounded out of place and forced on 360 to me).
On the second group, I'd put "New Year's Day" on it as well.

When Love Comes To Town
Angel Of Harlem
and my new darling RED LIGHT

they should come back, with full horn section :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom