Songs Of Innocence-1 year Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CosmoKramer

Rock n' Roll Doggie
One year ago today this place blew up with excitement!

We would be treated with 11 brand new U2 songs all at once. There were no leaks, no pre-release reviews, no I heard the song and... For U2 fans, it was completely unheard of to be surprised with so much new content all at once.

Yes, the release and performance of The Miracle was not without controversy but for almost everyone on this board it was an amazing day to be a U2 fan.

A full year later and I'm still loving the album.

Thank you U2!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sorry, just realized there was already a thread on this in the other forum!

One year ago, I was treated to what turned out to be a pretty good new U2 song. It was catchy as hell with some much darker lyrical undertones. It was called "California"

I also downloaded ten duds.

It's a really good, well-recorded, album. I like it a lot.

"The Miracle" is a really, really good song. "Every Breaking Wave" is probably their most perfect track since 1991. The rest of the songs don't hit EBW's heights, but the album maintains a nice consistent sound/style without being dull or overly-familiar.

It's a truly impressive piece of work. Unfortunately, history will remember it as the Apple-launch album -- which is U2's fault, as they basically sold their souls to corporations sometime around 1997.

Any equivalent threads for when ATYCLB came out?

I'm almost positive I saw some a few years back(heck, you could probably find them archived in this forum).

I can tell you that I was very excited about ATYCLB, especially when U2.com released the 30 second clips. Man, I had to listen to the 30 second Elevation and Walk On 1000 times each!!!

Back
Top Bottom