Songs I Wish They Would Play With The Whole Damn Band Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Songs I would like to hear full band versions of:

Stay (Faraway, So Slose!) - One of the best U2 songs, period. When they played it, with the full band, on the Zoo TV shows.... wow. :drool:

Stuck In A Moment - This song gets bashed a lot, but I really liked the Elevation performances.

Desire - Just doesn't work without the full band.

Look, I think that the only time an acoustic set has really worked in a U2 show was during the Popmart and Zoo TV tours, and that was just because they really needed something to balance out all of the craziness of those shows.

Let see:

-Lemon
-Desire (but a version like the ZOOtv one, not like PopMart and Elevation)
-Gloria
-With a shout
-Gone
-Mofo
-Zoostation
-The Fly
- Another time, another place
-In God´s Country
-Do you feel loved?
-Please
-Last Night on Earth
-Fez

But don't they use the acoustic slots a lot in order to be a little spontaneous. To play some songs, which can be performed without the visuals on the screen and not having to rehearse it full band.

If they write acoustic songs for these slots, the setlists would become even more static.

Aren't the acoustic slots only done to give Larry's back and wrists a rest?

Lets be honest here...in most cases....playing a song acoustically has become a cop-out.

The band gets lazy and instead of rehearsing enough to play an outstanding full band version they pass off an acoustic version as "special."

This is not in every case but happens far more often than it should (never.)

I actually liked SATS acoustic with the two guitars (nice work Bono) and SBS from Popmart did have something going for it. Other than that...

I would vote for no more stripped back acoustic versions ever again. It is lazy. Often robs us of one or two band members so fundamentally I am against it.

They have the ability to change songs whilst still keeping them full band. For example, Bullet (many iterations) and Crazy Tonight. Keep it full band please and that is much more interesting.

I have a mild tolerance for the ocasional acoustic throw away inclusion in an encore for fun. But once you make it a fixture it becomes boring and the disease will spread into other songs. Acoustic Please was a major downer compared to the full band version. They destroyed it. Similarly acoustic Desire is a bit tragic without Edge's shredding guitar part.

Back
Top Bottom