Something really bugging me about Ultra Violet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dare anyone to look at the spot on the video I referred to and tell me that's not him finishing the pronunciation of Ultraviolet before the extended note.

Because he clearly hits that T-sound there. Ultra-vilet light.

Because he clearly hits that T-sound there. Ultra-vilet light.

That was the clincher for me on the studio version, and why I think it's sometimes just "ultraviolet" and sometimes "ultraviolet light." You can hear the two "t" sounds. It's quick, but it's there.

It sounds fairly obvious to me that it's "ultraviiiiiiolet-liiiiiiiiight" he's singing. There are two distinct "iiiiiiii" sounds, as opposed to one sustained one, as there would be if he were just singing "ultraviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiolet." At least on these live clips. I haven't listened to the studio version in quite some time, so I can't say for that.

How about something that isn't illegal...

Party pooper. :tongue:

HOLY SHIT! I was at both of the Dublin shows! Did the taper get the whole show? Is there a full concert video out there somewhere?

1) Lucky bastard. :madwife:

:wink:

2) If I remember correctly, I believe it's on the U2Start video bootleg page. Not 100% sure though.

Here's my Christmas gift to some of you:

hearing_aid.jpg

HOLY SHIT! I was at both of the Dublin shows! Did the taper get the whole show? Is there a full concert video out there somewhere?

The second night was broadcast on the radio all over the world, and there are several perfect-sounding bootlegs of that broadcast (seriously... they sound as good as the Sydney DVD, if not better), merged together into one master that I carry around on my iPod. Possibly the best bootleg that exists. There's also something like a three-camera (amateur) video floating around on various torrent trackers (try trader's den), as well as possibly U2Start.

Unfortunately, it's all banned on U2Torrents... BTBS and LIB from that show were on the Stay single, so it's "official material".

WHY Cant i think of the part you lot are reffering to? I cant say i have ever hear edge sing ultraviolet light in the song EVER!:huh:

There's an "oooh, ultraviolet (or ultraviolet light)" that's repeated a few times, softly in the background before Bono comes in with the "Baby baby baby light my way."

It's before every chorus. :)

WHY Cant i think of the part you lot are reffering to? I cant say i have ever hear edge sing ultraviolet light in the song EVER!:huh:

It appears I think two or so times in the song, right after Bono's chorus. Bono sings in falsetto and Edge adds "ultraviolet".

a little exercise for you

say the word ULTRAVIOLET.. and try to GET how you say the E.... don't think of the E as the vocal sounds, just think of it as you say it when you say VIOLET

say that kind of sound long enough... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THAT'S what Edge says... ULTRAVIOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

it doesn't say LIGHT, there's no "ai" sound in there... it's on the Washington video, it's everywhere

Ultravioleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

:love:

I have to agree with everyone who has leaned towards the long single "Ultravioleeeeeeet". That's what I always heard. The "ultraviolet light" was news to me when I read this thread and even in the performance that was posted I just don't hear it at all.

Back
Top Bottom