SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Some days are sleepy some days are sloppy some days you cant stand the sight of a puppy your skin is white but you think youre a brother

Fantastic music, strangely relatable lyrics, and the fuzzbox solo at the end is sublime. One of my favorites from Zooropa.

One of my favorites from Zooropa.

:yes: One of my favourites too. I love the resigned almost fatalistic quality of Bono's lyrics and vocals.

I'm always reminded of the song when I'm having a day where nothing is going according to plan.

this song doesn't do anything special to me. Prefer zooropa, babyface, numb, lemon, stay, daddy's, dirty day and first time.... so it's number 9 of this album...:reject:

The music is great and makes up for the embarrassingly bad lyrics. They're the sort of shit you'd scribble down on a notepad while waiting 45 seconds to reheat last night's pizza in the microwave. Terrible shit. But the rest of it is good.

the song is meh for me and the lyrics are cartoonishly whatever...but I think it contains the most accurate line in the whole canon:
some days are bouncers and won't let you in.
indeed.

I love this song. Makes me feel like there is still hope, when I am depressed.

Amazingly fun beat! Some WTF lyrics but overall I like it. That mosquito farting at the end is too cool.

Some days this song is :up: some days it's :down:

Some days it's :drool: and other days it's :huh:

It's probably the most inconsistent U2 song for me personally. It just depends on my mood if I skip it or listen to it...

The music is great and makes up for the embarrassingly bad lyrics. They're the sort of shit you'd scribble down on a notepad while waiting 45 seconds to reheat last night's pizza in the microwave. Terrible shit. But the rest of it is good.

See, that's the genius of the song. Some days ARE better than others. I think the fact that the lyrics do sound like last night's pizza reheat lyrics makes it fantastic.

I love this song like I love The Playboy Mansion and In a Little While. They're all relaxing and enjoyable.

I think this song gets too much negative comments (not in this thread of course)
that being said, it's not a great song
but it serves its purpose on the album, well (enough) executed and its fun

:up:

If this song was given a Joshua Tree-type anthemic arrangement with deep sincere lyrics, it would be one of their biggest songs. I like the fact that they completely fucked with the sound, the mood, and vibe, and somehow it ends up sounding off-the-cuff, almost improvised. Plus, it's a rare instance where throwaway lyrics totally work. But there are some nice lyrical gems in there. "Your skin is white but you think you're a brother" "Sometimes you can't stand the sight of a puppy"- LOL come on those are great

I don't have a problem with the lyrics, I've heard a lot worse from Bono.
I agree with Lemonmelon about the fuzzbox solo.
I think its a great song and suite the album perfectly. Not a masterpiece of course, a bit like Tripped Through Your WIres, it's a light moment during an album of glorious darkness.

I like the music and the chorus. Nothing wrong with fun U2 songs.

Lyrics are an atrocity though, especially given Bono's output in that decade.

Back
Top Bottom