So what is the weakest U2 song ever, then?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WHATT?

Vertigo better than GOYB? :crack::crack::crack: GOYB is so much better. COME ON! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: the lyric is so much better than Vertigo!
Sexy boots...
Get on your boots...
You don't know how beautiful you are.

Is better than,

Hello hello, im at a place called vertigo
its everything i wish i didnt know
except you give me something i can feel, feeeeheeeeeeel
?

Sexy boots...
Get on your boots...

Is better than,

?

:yes:

In my opinion, yes.

that's someone's stuff they're blowing up
we're into growing up
women of the future
hold the big revelations

I can't stand the beats
I'm asking for the cheque
the girl with crimson nails
has Jesus round her neck
swinging to the music...

:tsk: :tsk:

What can I do? I hate this song so muchhh. I think it's the only song that I really can't stand. :crack::crack:
Everything in this song is wrong to me... I don't know why :reject::reject:

i like shadows and tall trees

and I love babyface and vertigo. Vertigo has a great riff, and is amazing live!!!!

Red light is the only song I really just dont listen to :|
It is clear that red light is the unanimous winner ...(now watch them start playing it on the 360 tour lol)

My least favorite 10 studio tracks:

10. Shadows and Tall Trees
9. 40
8. The Playboy Mansion
7. Numb
6. Van Diemen's Land
5. Yahweh
4. I Threw A Brick Through a Window
3. Grace
2. Love Rescue Me
1. An Cat Dubh

All weak, imo.

A Man & A Woman might be my least favorite.

I also am not a big fan of "A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel", "Hallelujah, Here She Comes" & "Trip Through Your Wires".

A Man & A Woman might be my least favorite.

I can respect anyone not liking a particular U2 song, but what do you guys think it is specifically about AMAAW that people don't like? I always thought it was one of the songs on Bomb with the most atmosphere and depth?

My least favorite 10 studio tracks:

1. An Cat Dubh

All weak, imo.

That's probably in my top 10 favorite U2 songs. I was so happy they brought it back for the Vertigo tour. Everyone has their opinions though. I'm not a big fan of some of the Joshua Tree tracks like "Bullet", "Trip", "Exit" & "Mothers". :reject: I prefer many of the JT B-sides to those tracks. I'm sure there are some here who think that's crazy.

Btw, GOYB is my #6 fav U2 song, Vertigo is not on my top 50. I really, really liked this song. The "let me in the sound" part is one of the (if not the) most thrilling things I've ever heard.
Of course, IMO. :wink:

I like them both about equally...I have Vertigo at 34 and GOYB at 35. The let me in the sound part is better than anything in Vertigo, but I think other than that I like Vertigo slightly more. I dunno, they both rock.

I can respect anyone not liking a particular U2 song, but what do you guys think it is specifically about AMAAW that people don't like? I always thought it was one of the songs on Bomb with the most atmosphere and depth?

I just don't really care for it, especially in comparison to the other tracks on BOMB. How they put this on and left "Mercy" in the can, I'll never know. :hmm: I just find "AMAAW" too simplistic & kind of boring. I won't say it's a bad song, but I think it's a bad song for U2. I would rather have seen "Mercy" or "Are You Gonna Wait Forever" in it's place.

Sexy boots...
Get on your boots...

Is better than,

?

+1

I really like "Vertigo". Those lyrics in you quoted in "Boots" is exactly what deep sixes the song for me. I'm not really crazy about the hip-hop "let me in the sound" bit either. :reject:

I really won't argue about Vertigo anymore... It's my opinion. :shrug::shrug::reject:
for me, is a stupied song. But of course I could never wrote a song like Vertigo... :reject:

In my opinion, 'Vertigo' is/was a rock-pop masterpiece.

For 45-year-olds to write/play a song with that much balls is impressive.

Just thought I'd say that.

i cant believe we're talking about Yah Weh being a horrible song. It's my favorite on HTDAAB as well as Orifnal of the Species and Miracle Drugs, everything else is forgettable IMHO.

Love Rescue Me, wasnt that a collaboration with Bob Dylan? lol recipee for disaster I guess....

BUT how can anyone dis the Wanderer ?
jeeez just look at this!! YouTube - U2 The Wanderer

or Stranger in a Strange Land or Is That all?

but MOST of all I cant believe what I am hearing about Elvis Presley and America. It's one of the most transcedental U2 songs of all time, right up there with BAD IMHO.

BAD U2:

again, let's trash NUMB pls !!
Vertigo was written for an IPOD commercial - Native SON is far superior.
GOYB is so horrible -- it never should have been released, but FEZ BEING BORN is by far the worst thing I have ever heard from U2. I listen to alot of experimental music - solar fields, Aes Dana, Trentemoller, AMon Tobin, and on and on. I think FEZ being BORN is a hollow abomination and an attempt to trick us into thinking U2 is still arty and on the cutting edge - it's just a terrible mess, like Boots.
Hardly in the same league as YAH WEH or EPAA or TWANDERER. (IMHO)

... but FEZ BEING BORN is by far the worst thing I have ever heard from U2. I listen to alot of experimental music - solar fields, Aes Dana, Trentemoller, AMon Tobin, and on and on. I think FEZ being BORN is a hollow abomination and an attempt to trick us into thinking U2 is still arty and on the cutting edge - it's just a terrible mess, like Boots.

I doubt U2 are trying to fool you into thinking they are all of a sudden 'experimental'. I think for a band of near 50 year olds who have purposely done nothing at all experimental for the past 10 years Fez - Being Born is totally awesome.

By U2's own standards it is pretty 'out there'. I'm sure it took ages to put together in the studio (a painful process, a like most of their songs) but I love the way it doesn't sound at all polished with a big chorus to match. It is a piece of music, developed to the full, that doesn't require any of Bono's trademark ryhming lyrics and even the music doesn't require any of Edge's trademark 'jangley' guitar.

So to remove those two elements is pretty experimental for U2 at this stage of their career. Experimental in the wider scheme of things, no. But for U2 aged in their late 40's, yes.

i cant believe we're talking about Yah Weh being a horrible song. It's my favorite on HTDAAB as well as Orifnal of the Species and Miracle Drugs, everything else is forgettable IMHO.

BAD U2:

again, let's trash NUMB pls !!
Vertigo was written for an IPOD commercial - Native SON is far superior.
GOYB is so horrible -- it never should have been released, but FEZ BEING BORN is by far the worst thing I have ever heard from U2. I listen to alot of experimental music - solar fields, Aes Dana, Trentemoller, AMon Tobin, and on and on. I think FEZ being BORN is a hollow abomination and an attempt to trick us into thinking U2 is still arty and on the cutting edge - it's just a terrible mess, like Boots.
Hardly in the same league as YAH WEH or EPAA or TWANDERER. (IMHO)

Please tell me you are joking with these titles. Otherwise it seems like you have not listened to Bomb at all if you can't even spell the titles of three of its songs properly. Don't go that you listen to them rather than seeing them, even if you listen, an mp3player shows you the title, and it's on the damn album sleeve.

To me, Yahweh is a mediocre song. It doesn't excite me, more of a snoozefest. The Live acoustic version was even worse.
Original of the Species isn't that much interesting for me either. It was a decent song, but never should've been a single!
Miracle Drug I love a lot. It's a shame it didn't work live.

Where do you get the ludicrous idea that Vertigo was written for the iPod commercial? That's absolute utter BULLSHIT. It was first Native son, but because Bono didn't see himself sing that every night they rewrote it into the lighter song that is now Vertigo. Only AFTER it was written they were asked for the iPod commercial.

U2 isn't trying to trick you with Fez. I don't understand why you call it hollow? There's so many layers in that song that you'll get dizzy trying to take them apart! How on earth is that hollow?
I don't think you should compare U2 to any experimental band. Simply because they're NOT an experimental band. This song is nowhere near any experimental band, because it's still a u2 song. It might sound different and experimental for them, but that doesn't mean it's classified as experimental.

but FEZ BEING BORN is by far the worst thing I have ever heard from U2. I listen to alot of experimental music - solar fields, Aes Dana, Trentemoller, AMon Tobin, and on and on. I think FEZ being BORN is a hollow abomination and an attempt to trick us into thinking U2 is still arty and on the cutting edge - it's just a terrible mess, like Boots.

OK, It´s all a matter of taste but I have to disagree with you : FEZ is a wonderful song !!

Have you ever listened to it with headphones ? Feel it !! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom