Should Bono and U2 pay more tax?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Legally No. Ethically no. And I'd like to pay less as well if they can arrange it for me.

That, pretty much.

They already pay more tax than I earn in a year (they still live in Ireland, most of the company is still in Ireland, just not the revenues for merchandise and such). So I don't see why they should pay even more tax.

This really boils down to some sort of jealousy doesn't it? They make more money then me, so they should pay a higher percentage (while they already pay more tax anyway), waah waah.

Good for U2. If they weren't "tax sensible" they would probably need to actually release an album and tour in order to maintain their lifestyles and plough money into disastrous investments *cough*Spider-Man*cough* Imagine that? :wink:

Yes. And so should you. Next time we fill out our tax forms, we shouldn't try to pay as little as possible.

I mean I'm already paying quite a lot of money to the government on a biweekly basis. But by all means... feel free to increase your own contributions.

Once they can show that they will be responsible with how the money is actually spent... ha, I kid. That'll never happen.

Back
Top Bottom