Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

2005: U2 doesn’t visit Oz since Popmart, I go to the US to see them
2006: U2 tours Australia

2018: U2 hasn’t been back to Australia in 8 years, I go to Dublin
2019: U2 tours Australia

You’re welcome everybody.

Tickets are rumored to be going onsale April 12th, a Friday. So I'd expect the announcement maybe the Friday before, the 5th, with presales occurring in the early part of the next week.

Yeah it's interesting that latest update from U2songs mentions the week of April 12, when that's a Friday. You'd usually phrase something like that with a Sunday or Monday, depending on when you think the week begins. Maybe an announcement on the previous Monday (8th?) I'd expect presales to be a little less complicated than elsewhere.

I'm surprised there's only a small gap between announcement and onsale.

Anyway, I'm still thinking there's a very good chance this doesn't happen.

I'll refuse to believe this is happening until I've spent several hours refreshing ticketek and ticketmaster

I've always wondered about doing that, my fear would be being third or fourth in line but the first couple people have technical difficulties and you miss out. You could always try to book online at the same time while you're waiting.

Do not go to an outlet.

You'll get stuck behind some gibberer who has troubles selecting a seat, making payment etc... Meanwhile valuable minutes are ticking away.

Instead use multiple devices. One device on the main www site and the other on the mobile site.

Do go to an outlet. No gibberer's lining up that early. And usually when it's something big they warn people ahead of time to know what they want and have money ready.

And use your phone at the same time.

The announcement should give you guys insight as to what type of show you'll be seeing. I&E/E&I, JT, or some kind of overall career spanning GH show. It'd be nice if you could just get a show of U2 playing U2 songs, without some overly thought out, micromanaged narrative. That seems to be the preference as of late.

Any guesses on when we’ll get an announcement?

Tickets are rumored to be going onsale April 12th, a Friday. So I'd expect the announcement maybe the Friday before, the 5th, with presales occurring in the early part of the next week.

Yeah it's interesting that latest update from U2songs mentions the week of April 12, when that's a Friday. You'd usually phrase something like that with a Sunday or Monday, depending on when you think the week begins. Maybe an announcement on the previous Monday (8th?) I'd expect presales to be a little less complicated than elsewhere.

Wow what a set list. That’d be brilliant.

For the sake of the casuals, I think it needs a few ‘hits’ such as Elevation, Vertigo and BD, in the first part of the show. Could probably tart up the encore with Pride for the same reason.
If ever there were 3 songs that needed dropping its those

If ever there were 3 songs that needed dropping its those

We argued earlier, at length, about U2's declining popularity in this part of the world. No way they are going to not play those songs. They almost have to ... not so much for the sake of anyone in this forum but for their remaining casual fan base for whom those are the songs they remember and expect.

Lol apparently the tour isn't happening because Richard Wilkins hasn't spilled the beans

(Hello U2start)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom