Serious question for U2 fans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
when any band writes a song there's a good chance (unless they're fucking TRYING to be 'OOO LOL LOOK HOW RANDOM I AM WITH MY FUNNY SONG TITLES' and go out of their way to be diffrent for the sake of being different) that they will give said song a title that has already been used. In U2's case, there are quite a few. BUT...for example....when you hear [for example] the word 'Fire' do you think of the U2 song OR DO YOU THINK OF

[youtube]69K0bdOAChw[/youtube]

Wow! I'm old, so I remember when that song got lots of radio play; but I'd never seen the video before. So thank you for that!

When I hear of a song called "Fire", I think of Bruce Springsteen's version of the Pointer Sisters' song of the same name.

aaaaand my thread's been ruined. GRANTED i was drunk when I posted it but please can a mod delete the whole internet meme bullshit :wink::lol:

when any band writes a song there's a good chance (unless they're fucking TRYING to be 'OOO LOL LOOK HOW RANDOM I AM WITH MY FUNNY SONG TITLES' and go out of their way to be diffrent for the sake of being different) that they will give said song a title that has already been used. In U2's case, there are quite a few. BUT...for example....when you hear [for example] the word 'Fire' do you think of the U2 song OR DO YOU THINK OF

[youtube]69K0bdOAChw[/youtube]

A better example would be One:

One by U2-Awesome
One by Metallica
One by Creed
One by <fill in the blank>

Most U2 fans will think of U2's one but a Creed fan or Metallica fan would think of their own bands version.

haha oh shit yeah you're right One definitely...or Bad. I don't know, it was a stupid thread came home from the pub and put that Fire song on. Ignore me ;) someone delete the thread :p

Back
Top Bottom