Say something negative about Achtung Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't realize Even Better than the Real Thing had a verse riff until they played it live. Same with the chorus of Zoo Station. I can name other examples if you want to play this game.

I can't hear Edge's parts half the time. The parts I mentioned above, the mess at the end of UTEOTW, the mess at the end of The Fly, Bono drowning him out on Love Is Blindness, etc.

Use the volume button ? :shrug:

The production is fine (and it's actually exactly what they wanted it to be).

The alternative is Eno and moreso Lanois, Lillywhite and Flood don't know what they're doing on one of U2's most praised albums. And U2's wrong on not remastering it 20 years later, thus validating the mixing choices they made all those years ago.

Anyway...

How on earth does the volume button fix a mixing issue? :scratch: Unless you have the original tracks all separated on guitar,bass,drums,backing and vocals and can alter the volume per track.

No it does not. Because turning up the volume means the drums bass and vocals get louder too. So you still wouldn't hear a guitar that's drowned in the mix.

I love the mix on AB. It is a little "muddy" but rather than detract from the album, I find it gives it character. Sounds bleed into sounds, adding an element of confusion that benefits the album thematically. Edge's guitar weaves in and out of the mix, makes his playing more interesting imo. Personally, I don't need Edge to be crystal clear on every song. His guitar is very subtle on So Cruel and then BAM he's all over The Fly. A fantastic variation between songs.

I love the mix on AB. It is a little "muddy" but rather than detract from the album, I find it gives it character. Sounds bleed into sounds, adding an element of confusion that benefits the album thematically. Edge's guitar weaves in and out of the mix, makes his playing more interesting imo. Personally, I don't need Edge to be crystal clear on every song. His guitar is very subtle on So Cruel and then BAM he's all over The Fly. A fantastic variation between songs.

:up:

Achtung Baby doesn't give a shit about half the crap posted here in between albums and tours. :sigh:

One negative is that until the end of the world dosent sound half as good on record as it does live

rennowba said:
One negative is that until the end of the world dosent sound half as good on record as it does live

This. Same with Ultraviolet, Even Better Than the Real Thing, and Mysterious Ways. But I see that as more of a positive to U2's live abilities rather than a negative to their studio abilities.

U2girl said:
Use the volume button ? :shrug:

The production is fine (and it's actually exactly what they wanted it to be).

The alternative is Eno and moreso Lanois, Lillywhite and Flood don't know what they're doing on one of U2's most praised albums. And U2's wrong on not remastering it 20 years later, thus validating the mixing choices they made all those years ago.

Anyway...

Words!

Surely there's something you don't like about it so let us know what it is.

It is the greatest album of all time, period. I can't think of anything negative to say about it. Unless of course you consider saying that Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing, and Zoo Station are not as good as the other 9 songs on the album.

It fixes the problem of not hearing the guitar...
You cannot claim that other people do not pay attention to what "the other side's point of view" is when you keep sending me private messages to "debate" and block responses. That's not just hypocrisy, it's stupidity and insanity.

But there is just no need to be so rude is there? I'm gonna try for a new year's resolution that states 'If you've got nothing good to say then don't say anything at all'. I've got a few weeks to practice. A lot of my anger tends to come from reading internet forums, and I know that I'm not the only person in the world to feel like this. The web is over rum with cretins.

Am I allowed to snap back if someone was rude first? What about constructive criticism, is that allowed?

Back
Top Bottom