Rsd 2019: Europa ep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommycharles

War Child
Forgive me if this is a dupe but I didn't see a thread anywhere on this topic. An interesting Record Store Day release this year.

The Europa EP tracklisting:

SIDE A:
1. Love Is All We Have Left (eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Intro / Chaplin Speech) New Year’s Day ‘Live’
(Dublin 5th November 2018 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour)

SIDE B:
2. New Year’s Day (St Francis Hotel Remix)
3. Love Is All We Have Left (Jon Pleased Wimmin Euromantic Mix)

...I think using The Great Dictator is sort of overdone by this point, but I'm pleased to be getting the live NYD '18 arrangement.

Forgive me if this is a dupe but I didn't see a thread anywhere on this topic. An interesting Record Store Day release this year.

The Europa EP tracklisting:

SIDE A:

1. Love Is All We Have Left (eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Intro / Chaplin Speech) New Year’s Day ‘Live’

(Dublin 5th November 2018 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour)

SIDE B:

2. New Year’s Day (St Francis Hotel Remix)

3. Love Is All We Have Left (Jon Pleased Wimmin Euromantic Mix)

...I think using The Great Dictator is sort of overdone by this point, but I'm pleased to be getting the live NYD '18 arrangement.

What do you mean by “overdone”?

Played at a handful of shows for short part of a tour and no official release?

What do you mean by “overdone”?

Played at a handful of shows for short part of a tour and no official release?

Poor wording on my part. I meant “in general by all artists”. Coldplay used it to open all their ‘17/18 shows as well, and it seems like it gets trotted out all the time. Wasn’t it also in the ZooTV opening film? Or was that only Triumph of the Will?

Always kinda amazed Willie and the lads used the Dictator speech after such a big (and often compared to) band like Coldplay just used it so recently, and for the exact same purpose (a show opening video). They typically like to do never-done before ideas....

I've always liked Chaplin's stuff (City Lights, The Kid = <3), so I'm fine with its place on the cover.

...prematurely submitted post lol. Can't edit on mah phone for some reason *shrug*

According to the Record Store Day website, the release is a "RSD First" release so that means a digital or CD release down the road is highly likely.

Debating to get it now or wait. I waited for HMTMKMKM and got it on sale for $10 a few weeks ago, and I had a 25% off coupon. I paid full price for Lights of Home and it was on sale for $8 a few weeks ago at the store near me. Maybe this one is more limited.

I just bought the Rolling Stones High Tide and Green Grass instead. They didn't have the Queen albums or Bowie's Pin Ups where I went, which are what I wanted.

Last edited:
This one doesn’t look very limited going by the amount of copies my local shop was given. I’m sure you’ll be able to pick up a copy online from tomorrow.

It was the same price as RHMT, LOH, The Blackout and HMTM at my local ($40au).

FWIW - my store had plenty of each of those, and did for weeks after rsd. Europa were all gone 7 minutes after the store opened (I grabbed the last one)

I know the Chaplin thing has been used a lot recently, but U2 get a pass as the way they did it is a nice call back to the whole AB, Zooropa and Zoo TV era. The Europa EP is really nicely put together, loving the job they've done (again, harking back to Zooropa), but the stickers are a bit rubbish! I see there's now prints of these available from u2.com, but my inner child was hoping for something more when they said the record was coming with stickers!

It’s a good package, and a good release. If you want to complain about cost, then don’t buy it. Its record store day. A lot of that cost goes to the stores - stop whinging either way

Nah can't agree with that mate - $58 Aus is fucking outrageous for what it is. Always happy to support my local stores but they might as well shit on my chest for that price.

Always kinda amazed Willie and the lads used the Dictator speech after such a big (and often compared to) band like Coldplay just used it so recently, and for the exact same purpose (a show opening video). They typically like to do never-done before ideas....

You could say U2 were stealing from the thieves! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom