Rose Bowl DVD - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOS is incredible on the dvd. They nailed the rap at the end. The direction really reflected the emotion. Larry and Edge carried it, and the emotion in Bonos voice was just amazing. I dont care if people didnt like the new album, that is one of the finest U2 moments in 10 years... probably 20

Hell yeah.

It would have been even more perfect if they'd left even a little bit more of the emotional goodbye at the end of it, it was really a great moment, but I'm not gonna complain!

It would have been even more perfect if they'd left even a little bit more of the emotional goodbye at the end of it, it was really a great moment, but I'm not gonna complain!

I totally agree - they end it so abruptly on the DVD, and it wasn't like that at all. Bummer.

The last 3 songs are simply stunning on the DVD. Its bizarre, but I agree, they actually work better as closers on the DVD than they did in real life. :hmm: Weird.

I actually really liked them closing in real life, I was only bummed that the show was ending!

I liked them in real life too, don't get me wrong, but on the DVD, they are really incredible. In real life, they were good, but I believe I've seen better closers out of U2.

I couldn't agree more about needing more Larry during Crazy tonight. I actually preferred the YouTube version :D

I had text a few friends earlier that I never liked MOS until I saw it on the DVD last night! It really is a powerful song. I remember hating that it was the closer at the shows :lol: oops!

:wink:

u2-soon.jpg

U2Miracle.com - El portal de U2 en espa�ol - Ultimas Noticias, No Line On The Horizon, U2 360� Tour, Foros, U2 Television, U23D, Conciertos, Biografias, Discografia, Multimedia, Fotos U2

Not to get all PLEBA or anything, but that pic is adorable!

:bono:: No guys, listen, it'll be awesome, we'll give everyone these masks, right?

Agreed, the ending was definitely very abrupt. Despite that it was an amazing show. :drool: LOVED UV!! That was probably my favourite song on the DVD. Incredible!!

Yes, that's right. ( about him coming back even stronger)

Regarding the "end" of the world talk...this is about the Rose Bowl Dvd right? We were just commenting on how the show felt after watching it. That was an observation myself and others made, especially with the additoinal closing comments added by someone who attended the show, this made it even more curious IMO. I have never felt previously like they were giving off a farewell vibe and I attended the FINAL show in Hawaii for Veritgo. That did not have the a final, last ever tour feeling to it. No talk of "hope this isn't the last one" ect...doesn't that make you wonder what Bono is saying?
He was very emotional in Hawaii too, in fact he was crying..but no goodbye forever vibes at all.
You know what I mean. I think we can have our own perspectives and observations, you don't have to agree with me. :D

Don't worry: Bono is always giving emotional "goodbyes". In the end, you really never know if it's going to be the last show. But I'm sure the band still loves to perform and to tour and they'll do anything they can in order to continue doing what they love and can do best. But, yes, I have avoided listening to U2 or watching videos or live stuff because after Bono's injury it must made me a little depressed, too, mostly because I feel bad for him not being able to perform.

finally went out and bought the single disc. Up to SHFWILF

2 points in response to a few gripes from people

1 was the darkness - Barely an issue. It very much adds to it by providing wonderful contrast with the brilliant lights and bright colours of the claw.

2 was graininess - this is intermittent, and usually in shots that have a fair amount of smoke. The darkness, smoke, and vivid light does seem to affect the camera a bit.

Just played Soon, followed by mp3 rip of breathe at rose bowl. AHHHHHHH, the way its supposed to be done :D

EDIT: AND noticed that they edited out "Ten inch cock or two"

Last edited:
Watched the DVD and the documentary+Breathe on disc 2.

1) Tom Krueger for president. The show is really, really beautifully shot (Boots had me worried at first but it's great afterwards), except for the woeful Vertigo which makes Hamish Hamilton look like a genius. Top 3 U2 DVD material in direction.

2) Bono rocked, far more than the show I saw. Loved the banter with Edge before Stuck and the band introductions.

3) Why did Breathe not make disc 1 DVD ? It's not that worse from the rest...

4) People worried about this looking like Youtube or Adam not being heard...think again. I thought the crowd was better than Chicago or Boston.

5) I concur with emotions/sentimentality. I was moved by I still haven't found..., and the show for some reason felt nostalgic.

And the BIG question: who or what is Larry shouting at during Streets ? Adam or the camera guy that is really close to his kit during the show ?

And the BIG question: who or what is Larry shouting at during Streets ? Adam or the camera guy that is really close to his kit during the show ?

The camera is obviously close, but there doesn't need to be a cameraman if the camera and subject is relatively static. I think that's the one (and probably the only) camera they control with a computer.

is there anything on the b-side of Soon, or is it on both sides, OR is the B Side blank...

P.S. If SOON is considered a "U2 B Side" and it DID have a song on its "b-side" (i imagine it doesn't) would we have to come up with a whole new category of U2 song?

A b side of a b side?

Can't wait to get my super deluxe. Where can i hear SOON now? Arggh, Want music in ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom