Rose Bowl DVD - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2/3 Blu Ray

I have the player and the Blu Ray disc from that $40 bargain thanks to LN. I'm holding off on buying a television until I'm certain that it's worth the extra content. My credit cards are already exhausted from the 360 tour.
help.gif

So any information about this would be very welcome. Thanks!

Okay so because the newest download on there still is the u2.com video we got right before the tour I was wondering if maybe what we're going to get is just the same u2.com videos, but I hope not. I was looking at the current content on there and I hadn't looked at the tour clips from 2009 yet, so I checked some of them out today. Does anyone know if these were just clips that were already on U2.com or if they really are "exclusive" to this. They are:

Dublin Croke Park 1 7-24-09 Opening night
Zagreb 8-10-09 Mysterious Ways
Glasgow 8-18-09 WOWY
Giants Stadium 9-25-09 Giant numbers in Jersey
WA DC 9-29-09 Bono intros the band
Tampa FL 10-9-09 Ultra Violet Baby

These are not full songs, but just clips that in some cases end quite abruptly as to where I first thought they hadn't downloaded completely or something until I realized they really are just rough clips. I don't remember seeing these before but then again I also didn't watch every single thing that was put on u2.com last year either.

The Croke Park one was pretty cool actually. It follows Larry out to the drums and shows him from the back as he starts playing Breathe. I was really going WOW :love: this is COOL until it ended suddenly before the rest of the band came in. :grumpy:

Anyway, do these clips sound familiar to anyone as things they already had online?

:doh: If they aren't posting full songs then I'm not going to waste my money on a new player.

Keep us updated, though, bonocomet. :D

I will :wave:

And I'm really hoping as well that we will get a lot more than this sort of thing. I am still hopeful though because in all fairness these probably can't really be considered what they have promised us, as what they said was we will get stuff as the tour continues, and with Bono's injury it's only just begun now 2 days ago. These things were already on there ready to be downloaded when it was released, so maybe they are just teasers they put on there.

*goes to check again... :uhoh: I'm getting kind of obsessive about checking...*

So what exactly is this? I got the uber-deluxe, but don't have a blu-ray player or good tv, so had to watch it at my brother-in-law's. If you do have the right setup, how do you get whatever extra material may come?

So what exactly is this? I got the uber-deluxe, but don't have a blu-ray player or good tv, so had to watch it at my brother-in-law's. If you do have the right setup, how do you get whatever extra material may come?

There's a selection on the Main Menu for BD content, you go there and as long as you have internet connection with whatever system you are using (I use PlayStation 3) it's just like being on your computer. It shows you what content is available for download, you click on it and download it, and it becomes part of the things available to watch on that BD menu, just like any other menu on a DVD.

The other day after the Torino show when I went to that menu it showed a message that there was new content available and I got a bit excited until I realized I actually hadn't checked it for a while and it was the bands' "We're Back" message that we all saw on U2.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom