rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually said "I wouldn't buy anyone a ten inch cockatoo, so why would I allow a complete stranger...".

It's nothing offensive, but Breathe will be in the blu-ray disc though.

Sorry, but this isn't 1983, this isn't a promo video and U2 didn't screw up Breathe as bad as they did Out of Control at Red Rocks (and even that COULD have been left in). Check it out: the show opened with Breathe, the DVD of the show should open with Breathe. It's not stupid to say I won't buy the DVD, it's just a fan saying enough is enough and I'm not going to plunk down cash for a DVD that isn't a true representation of the tour I saw. And the opening sequence which also happens to include one of the best songs on the album the tour is promoting..well, that is a huge part imo. Maybe the "Breathe Issue" will be fixed, and then sure, I'll be happy to buy it. On the slim chance that they might actually be listening to ticket-holding fans, I don't think stating that is a rush to judgement in the least bit.

Two things: While I like Breathe, I would still buy the DVD/Blue Ray because I love this tour and want to see/hear a lot of other songs.

2nd-You are 100% right that leaving out Breathe is f***** up! Its the show opener! Even if you dont like the song, it is still one of the highlights of the show because it is when they take the stage! Its like filming a movie and not including the opening scene...WTF!! If they left out NLOTH or even another song in the middle of the concert, its not as big of a deal as leaving out the opener (now Streets, Crazy Tonight or With or Without you would cause me to riot but thats not my point). I just do not understand the logic of not including the opener in the concert but including it as an "extra". I can see how people are pissed. Unless some cameras went out and they had to use a "B" or "C" type camera, this is uncalled for!

With that said, again, I will be buying this.

^ Agree with all that. I understand all the reasons people are giving as to why we shouldn't be so upset about it not being in its proper place. But the opener when the band hits the stage is a great moment! Bono is pumped up, the crowd goes kinda nuts... it's just important for me anyways. I'll buy it no matter what, but I'll be disappointed if it's not where it belongs. If it was a technical reason I guess that would have to be understandable, just extremely unfortunate. Anything else, no excuses acceptable. :angry: :wink:

well, they probably didn't know where else in the set list to put it. maybe they just didn't feel like playing it that night. I don't think any explanation is owed for a song being dropped for a night. No line on the horizon was dropped for one of the shows too.

NLOTH was dropped in DC, not Foxboro.

Breathe, Magnificent, Boots, MOS and Crazy Tonight were the only new songs played in DC.

right. I wasn't inferring that they dropped it in Foxboro, couldn't remember if it was Charlottesville or D.C.

I was going to order the DVD from u2.com now, but I noticed that there are only 3 versions out now. Namely:

U2 360 At The Rose Bowl [DVD]
U2 360 At The Rose Bowl [Blu-ray]
U2 360 At The Rose Bowl (2 DVD Deluxe Edition)

Was I too late for the Super Deluxe Box set or something? Anyone knows?

Did anyone order the super deluxe? What is the difference between the super deluxe and the 2 DVD deluze edition. Why do they make it so complicated?

The super deluxe at $39.95 is gone.

This is likely going to go down as the first U2 DVD I won't buy. Not that it matters...

I did not buy Chicago Vertigo dvd and sold my boston elevation dvd because i don't like either. Any South America vertigo bootleg and Slane Elevation is better than those!

I will buy Rose bowl because i was there :)

I hope leaving Breathe out is just an april fools joke. All the build up to the show, David Bowie, Kingdom, Larry entering the stage and starting Breathe all means a lot to me. Sends shivers down my spine and I can't imagine the show without it..

I'll buy the DVD for sure, but am not looking forward to it as much. It just sounds so strange. This is the greatest build up to a show by anyone, anywhere since Zoo TV. It's just really sad, and sounds like bad judgement :down:

Quick question... (because I'm supposed to be doing taxes right now and I can't think at the moment but... :| ) but I'm debating with someone over the fact that I don't think Bono's 10 inch cockatoo reference could be reason enough to be cut from the DVD, and they think it is.

Has Bono ever made a sexual reference on any of the other officially released DVDs before?

I know I could probably remember if I think about it long enough but I thought maybe someone might know offhand :hmm:

Quick question... (because I'm supposed to be doing taxes right now and I can't think at the moment but... :| ) but I'm debating with someone over the fact that I don't think Bono's 10 inch cockatoo reference could be reason enough to be cut from the DVD, and they think it is.

Has Bono ever made a sexual reference on any of the other officially released DVDs before?

I know I could probably remember if I think about it long enough but I thought maybe someone might know offhand :hmm:

That would be a pathetic reason to leave Breathe out of the main DVD. (Supposedly) He said a cockatoo and they are birds and can be 10 inches tall. I mean he didn't specifically say something about a certain part of the male body.:| I saw the Rose Bowl thing on YouTube but I don't remember him saying it.

I don't think it could be the reason. But that's why I was wondering if there's anything we can compare it to from past official releases of U2 shows. I was thinking maybe I could use an example of why I don't think it would matter that he said it, but I can't think of one... so maybe there hasn't been any other example of it in the past.

Well, he humps the camera in ZooTV. That was far more overtly sexual than making a pun out of "cockatoo."

I really don't think that was an issue. I mean, it's not like he sang "Ten inch cock."

Yep. I was still trying to find an actual verbal reference though. I wanted to just say, see here it can't be a censorship issue because on such and such dvd he says "blah blah blah" ... but I can't. :grumpy:

I feel it is completely stupid to leave out the opener off the DVD. It plays a really important part of the show, where the band introduces themselves and the concept of the show to the audience. That was the only thing I didn't like from u2 3D, where they cut COBL which was the opener on those shows. What are they gonna do now? Will the band be magically on stage after kingdom. It would be stupid to put Larry walking on stage and then everyone else is magically there. Hope they reconsider this and include the full show. This is really disappointing

Yep. I was still trying to find an actual verbal reference though. I wanted to just say, see here it can't be a censorship issue because on such and such dvd he says "blah blah blah" ... but I can't. :grumpy:

Well...live, he always sings "the fever when I'm inside her" in Desire, obviously. In the Zoo Stockholm show, he says that they don't wear underpants in Sweden. :lol: And he's said the f-word plenty of times live. I'm not sure that any of those compare, though. I would *hope* that they haven't become so puritanical that they'd leave the song off the main dvd for that reason.

I could barely even understand that lyric and I listen to the song quite a bit. I mean, Bono has taken a video camera and shoved it into his crotch and let off an expression of ecstasy in live footage of "Until the End of the World" from Zoo TV. I doubt that's the reason.

Edit: Corianderstem already said this.

Quite frankly, I find all the scenes in which Bono takes some young girl and acts like he's God, romancing her are much more damaging -- specifically the teen in the Elevation DVD during "With or Without You"; it's sick, like he's playing into people's already unhealthy tendency to lionize celebrities -- like he's saying, "Hey, I know no man in your life will ever measure up to me, but here's a taste!" And then the fawning, phony way he leaves the girl, like it's such a special moment and he's sad to go.

I wonder if "Kingdom" is the real reason. It would be silly to exclude "Breathe" for that, too. I'm glad other fans are pissed about this, but at least it's a bonus. I just love that drum roll Larry does!

I've avoided watching it on youtube, so I'm happy to get this. If only the band had played "Your Blue Room" that night.

Well...live, he always sings "the fever when I'm inside her" in Desire, obviously. In the Zoo Stockholm show, he says that they don't wear underpants in Sweden. :lol: And he's said the f-word plenty of times live. I'm not sure that any of those compare, though. I would *hope* that they haven't become so puritanical that they'd leave the song off the main dvd for that reason.

AH! Desire. Okay I knew there was something I was forgetting. Okay so I guess that's about as close as it gets to a 10 inch cockatoo. Thanks :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom