rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're missing my point. If I pay to see Avatar 10 times, and Titanic twice, that means I prefer one film to the other. It means I think one film is better than the other. It does not mean, though, that one film is definitively better than the other. It just represents my opinion.

And, honestly, if some 15 year old kid told me that the Jonas Brothers were better than U2, I wouldn't waste too much time worrying about it or tell them to clean their ears out because, as I said, it's all subjective to me, always. My opinion, while I believe strongly in it, is not any more correct than anyone else's, simple as that.

So, if you are the type that wants to make sure people understand that because you like John Lennon's music more than Jason Beiber's that makes it so, then more power to you. That's simply not how I approach matters of taste or opinion. :shrug:

But I do understand your point, I just don't agree with it. By your logic everything is a matter of taste or opinion from music, presidents, movies, religion, sports, ect...

What I am saying is that if 90,000 people saw the Rose Bowl show and 89,999 thought it was great, then it was great(or the other way around). You might be the one person who thinks otherwise but then your opinion of the show would not be an accurate representation of it. I guess in the end, its just my opinion anyway so we are back to square 1.

What I am saying is that if 90,000 people saw the Rose Bowl show and 89,999 thought it was great, then it was great(or the other way around).

You're still, clearly, not understanding me.

Let's stop, though, nothing you say is really going to convince me that matters of opinion can somehow be deemed factual. As you, say, square one, etc.

There's also the Sweden 7-31 show that looks filmed the same way. There are excerpts up of Boots, NLOTH and Breathe from Sweden. I actually put all these videos up on you tube and I got the Sweden pieces from a TV website, they were part of some sort of documentary program. Sorry I don't remember now where I got the Edge flubs Boots video. But yeah both shows seem to be filmed in this way.

I think these things are just for the press. The video I've seen has just been from the first three songs, and never the full songs, to report about last night's show etc.
This excerpt video of Boots is taken from the website of a newspaper (Göteborgs Posten) in Gothenburg for instance:
YouTube - U2 Get On Your Boots Sweden 7-31-09 Live

The material appears to come from U2's own camera crew, at least that's how I understood it. I guess it's the same videos that were shown on the 360 screen directed by Tom Kreuger at the shows.
I could be wrong though. Anyway, I'd love to see that documentary, it's strange that I have never heard of it.

Then there's the proshot (brief pieces) from Barcelona and Chicago by Mark Haefeli Productions of course.

I think these things are just for the press. The video I've seen has just been from the first three songs, and never the full songs, to report about last night's show etc.
This excerpt video of Boots is taken from the website of a newspaper (Göteborgs Posten) in Gothenburg for instance:
YouTube - U2 Get On Your Boots Sweden 7-31-09 Live

The material appears to come from U2's own camera crew, at least that's how I understood it. I guess it's the same videos that were shown on the 360 screen directed by Tom Kreuger at the shows.
I could be wrong though. Anyway, I'd love to see that documentary, it's strange that I have never heard of it.

Then there's the proshot (brief pieces) from Barcelona and Chicago by Mark Haefeli Productions of course.

I could be wrong about the documentary thing. I may be remembering two different things, and it could have been the other Boots video (Edge flubs) that I'm mixing it up with. Or something else all together. Sorry about that. I think you are probably right about them being pieces released for the press though, but I never saw them anywhere else but that site.

The whole "being there" argument seems silly to me. I've been to concerts I thought were absolute shit, but the person I was standing next to thought was fantastic. It's all entirely relative. Not everyone likes the same things. Some thought the Youtube performance was absolutely atrocious, and it made them embarrassed to tell people they were U2 fans. Some didn't. Life goes on.

:up: agreed.

rosebowldvd.jpg

I really wanna know what they're gonna sell for over 100 pounds. Maybe they'll bring out a 4 disc album with all the leftovers from NLOTH and new songs they recorded after the tour. :drool:

I wasn't even thinking about the cover before today actually, it doesn't really matter to me. I probably couldn't even describe all the past dvd covers without going back and looking at them. But I do hope they keep a pic of the CLAW because it is just awesome and should be the cover.

I hope they put tracks that were played on this tour, but not at this show as bonus tracks on a second disk or something rather then different camera angles like the Chicago DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom