Rolling Stone & U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolling Stone & U2

15 years or so of posts and beating the same drum over and over and over again ad infinitum gives anyone a pretty clear sense of the person, if you're paying attention.

How about you drop the vendetta/stalking of Axver and move on with your life?

Thanks!

I'm not saying their post-2000 material has reached the heights of what they did in the 80's and 90's, but saying it "isn't very good" just shows that you are more concerned with appearance rather than substance.

Plenty of their post-2000 stuff has been challenging and musically sophisticated, you're just too concerned about what others think to admit it. It's like you guys read from a script when it comes to this issue - you all say exactly the same thing, It's like the snotty, arrogant, cool-kid Pitchfork mindset has infected your brain.

Youre right. Im obsessed with fitting in with a bunch of anonymous punters on this website that Im too unsure of my own ability to formulate my opinion.

I cant emphasise enough how big of a bell end you make yourself out to be. Having said that, however, your completely ridiculous posts have been the most entertaining thing Ive read today so carry on. Ive had a very slow day but I expect by Monday I wont be looking for things to help passs the time. Until then, I encourage you to continue to write inflammatory, grandpa-esque “you kids dont know nothin’” comments as theyre enjoyable to read on a certain level.

You've been a member for a month and devoted a significant proportion of your 37 posts to insulting me. You are a petty, small, childish individual whose true colours are very vivid indeed.

Go feed the ducks.

And you've spent a significant proportion of your posts irrationally criticizing and hammering U2 for every move they have made for the past decade.

Yeah, I'd say both of true colors are pretty clear when it comes to U2.

Woah, woah, woah... he’s the AtU2 guy?

Is it him? Is it? If it isn't - so be it. But if it is, whoever he is, I have a message for him and the moderators and indeed the 'leader of the gang' of that forum (who are now probably reading these pages)

Fuck you, ya control freak Trumpian twats.

I joined this forum knowing full well that a lot just don't particularly warm to U2 this past decade and a half or so. Me? Irregardless of what I think that's why I joined it - because they were allowed to air their opinions however strong unlike certain other forums. It was allowed to be a forum. And so what if people don't like these new songs or think they're shit. So what if people think they're brilliant - just don't sign up to the forum expecting to police the whole goddamn thing into impotent fan girl group think like that religious nutcase over at @U2.

Last edited:
In bulletpoint format, explain "you types."

And can someone get me the MJ popcorn gif?

Not quite the same, but....

JesseCusterPopcorn.jpg

Rolling Stone & U2

No, please, keep it coming. It's what you types do.

Perhaps you missed the comment I directed at you. Drop your little crusade against/stalking of axver, drop the whole “I’m here to critique this entire forum for not being fans of U2 in a manner I’m okay with” and move on.

Everyone else, move on as well and get back on topic.

Everyone else, move on as well and get back on topic.

But but but... Haywayaway is fun. Can't we please keep playing with Hayaway?

Re Rolling Stone magazine - it is kinda phenomenal in that it still exists. And that survival speaks of good leadership.
If the boss had a thing for U2, maybe, perhaps, it's because he knows his stuff? He's got a track record that proves it.

And you've spent a significant proportion of your posts irrationally criticizing and hammering U2 for every move they have made for the past decade.

Yeah, I'd say both of true colors are pretty clear when it comes to U2.

A mod has told you to quit your behaviour and I'm not going to take your bait any further than to say that if you think I've been hammering U2 for every move they've made in the past decade then you haven't been reading as closely as you claim to. I'm probably this forum's biggest fan of Cedarwood Road. I've touted the virtues of other NLOTH and SOI songs fairly loudly. I was thrilled by the announcement of the JT30 tour and made absolutely no secret of this fact (my opinion only turning less positive after actually seeing the shows and disliking the encore).

What more do you want, other than - to get this back on topic - Jann Wenner paying me off to give 5/5 to every song on SOE?

Because if you or Wenner want to stump up enough dosh, I'll praise whatever you want me to.

How much for a lengthy and completely positive review of Disappearing Act?

$500,000 and a house in Dunedin.

My enthusiasm doesn't come cheap. But my negativity would definitely do! a! dis! a! ppear! ing! act!

Give me Disappearing Act over Cedarwood Road any day. Can't beat that gorgeous Eno production and Larry sounding like he's awake behind the kit.

Give me Disappearing Act over Cedarwood Road any day. Can't beat that gorgeous Eno production and Larry sounding like he's awake behind the kit.

This opinion needs to do a disappearing act.

I'll concede the production point. But geez Disappearing Act has some cringeworthy vocals. The end of Cedarwood Road is one of those great passionate Bono moments missing from a lot of recent stuff.

I've just listened to it for the first time in an age. It's not quite good enough for every element of the song to be great, but geez the good stuff is wicked. Damn. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh, lol. But then again, the shit parts of the song suck.

This is the problem when you release a not-great album and only promote all the pus from it: the good stuff gets forgotten.

This opinion needs to do a disappearing act.

I'll concede the production point. But geez Disappearing Act has some cringeworthy vocals. The end of Cedarwood Road is one of those great passionate Bono moments missing from a lot of recent stuff.
If Disappearing Act was an instrumental, or at least featured some heyday Bono vocals, it would be lauded around here like so many terrific TUF era leftovers. The foundation of the song is great, which is why I'm so defensive of it (same reason I always go to bat for Some Days Are Better Than Others).

If Disappearing Act was an instrumental, or at least featured some heyday Bono vocals, it would be lauded around here like so many terrific TUF era leftovers. The foundation of the song is great, which is why I'm so defensive of it (same reason I always go to bat for Some Days Are Better Than Others).

Well yeah. Just like Wave of Sorrow probably wouldn't blow if they hadn't touched it.

Nothing could've saved Angels To Too Two Tew Twose Tied to the Ground though.

I have a miniature cricket bat signed by him with Christmas wishes. My dad's partner used to work with him, funnily enough.

He was a favourite of mine. Loved his application to the task. Probably helped that he wasn't a kiwi, in that regard.
Rolling Stone would have given him a solid 4.5 stars.

He was a favourite of mine. Loved his application to the task. Probably helped that he wasn't a kiwi, in that regard.
Rolling Stone would have given him a solid 4.5 stars.

Definitely #4 of the year. Didn't pay enough for a higher ranking.

A mod has told you to quit your behaviour and I'm not going to take your bait any further than to say that if you think I've been hammering U2 for every move they've made in the past decade then you haven't been reading as closely as you claim to. I'm probably this forum's biggest fan of Cedarwood Road. I've touted the virtues of other NLOTH and SOI songs fairly loudly. I was thrilled by the announcement of the JT30 tour and made absolutely no secret of this fact (my opinion only turning less positive after actually seeing the shows and disliking the encore).

What more do you want, other than - to get this back on topic - Jann Wenner paying me off to give 5/5 to every song on SOE?

Because if you or Wenner want to stump up enough dosh, I'll praise whatever you want me to.

Now you're simply noting minor exceptions that prove the rule. Poor form. It's obvious where you stand on U2, to me and to many others. I'm happy to be one of the few who is willing to actually call you out on it, regardless of whether the mods are on your side or not.

Now you're simply noting minor exceptions that prove the rule. Poor form. It's obvious where you stand on U2, to me and to many others. I'm happy to be one of the few who is willing to actually call you out on it, regardless of whether the mods are on your side or not.

Ignoring the mods is not a good way to go on this forum. I suggest you rethink your approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom