Rise Above video premiered today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it. I think the "web" background bits are pretty, and I like the bits with Reeve atop the city.

The rehearsal bits seem kind of out of place among the other parts, but I did like seeing them anyway.

I do really like the song.

The song is better than I remembered it to be. :up:

The rehearsal parts make it seem like this song is really about the struggles of the musical.

I like this video and prefer the rehearsal scenes, if the alternative is seeing the actors in those costumes, we saw on Dave Letterman :reject:

i loved seeing the rehearsal scenes... nice video, still love the song, haven't listened in a while so it was nice to hear it again... :heart:

I know there's a lot of bad reviews about everything that concerns Spiderman, but let me say that i love the album, the video, and the song. :heart:

Kudos to Bono and Edge taking risks and going outside their comfort zone. Music is about exploring new sounds and discovery.

With that said, the verses aren't that great, but the chorus is quite catchy.

The rehearsal bits seem kind of out of place among the other parts, but I did like seeing them anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard it this morning on the way back from shopping.
I think I read it came in #74 on Billboard. :up:

Still haven't seen this video, however. (damn computer :angry:)

edited: just finished watching. Love it!!

Doesn't anyone else think the song sounds a bit like Slideaway the duet Bono did with Michael Hutchence?

‪Michael Hutchence feat Bono - "Slideaway" (NEW VIDEO)‬‏ - YouTube

I don't hear the similarities, per se. But the songs do flow together. In that sense, they are like many JT tracks that aren't the same, but flow together well.

What I really like is this video mash-up. The person did a great job of finding clips making both men look good and both men seemingly saying the words. Well done.

And I really miss Michael Hutchence. :sad:

Whoa, I really, really like the lighting and photography in this video, :up:.

It kind of weirds me out how much Reeve looks like my best friend.

I actually really like it! It's good!

Is there anymore on the soundtrack that Bono/Edge are in? I know they wrote them, but do they play in anymore?

Why are they trapped in a giant metal colander? Is McGuinness trying to downplay Spiderman? Figures that he only had massive kitchen utensils at his disposal.

Not a bad song or video. At least it's not Freak Like Me.

I actually really like it! It's good!

Is there anymore on the soundtrack that Bono/Edge are in? I know they wrote them, but do they play in anymore?

Yes, Bono is featured on some of the tracks on the album, and Edge sings the track Sinestereo.

Back
Top Bottom