Remixes appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the remixes from NLOTH have been very good, certainly a step-up from prior attempts. Part of that might be attributed to having some "hotter" producers work on them such as Dirty South, Justice, Pete Tong, Fred Falke et al.

My favourite remix so far is the Adam K & Soha Club mix of Magnificent, though as you point out, that track has an awful lot of good remixes. I also like the Redanka dub of Crazy Tonight... :hyper:

I love remixes - I have a playlist on my iPhone (and iPod) just for general remixes and another just for U2 remixes (some U2 remixes make both lists).

A good remix, IMO, is one that really changes a song. Admittedly, some are just a dance version of the song - that is, the basic song with a beat added in the background. If this is the only remix I can find of a U2 song, I accept it. But my favorites are ones where the song is completely different, like remixes for Mysterious Ways, GOYB, Crazy, Salome, etc. It's like a new U2 song!

I'm at work today (a Saturday :down: ) but listening to U2 remixes as I work. :up:

I think I have most of the main remixes - including tons of fan remixes. My goal is to try to get at least one remix for as many U2 songs as I can. Some are so easy they become difficult (there are like 4000000 remixes of Lemon - impossible to get them all as there always seems to be another one out there). Others are more rare, appearing on maybe just a promo. YouTube is a great place to find more. :yes:

I think I have most of the main remixes - including tons of fan remixes. My goal is to try to get at least one remix for as many U2 songs as I can. Some are so easy they become difficult (there are like 4000000 remixes of Lemon - impossible to get them all as there always seems to be another one out there). Others are more rare, appearing on maybe just a promo. YouTube is a great place to find more. :yes:

Look, I have a list of all officially released remixes. If you wish, PM me and I'll send it to you. :up: It could make it easier for you to complete your collection.
I don't care that much about fan stuff, cause like you said, it's too many stuff, I would go crazy trying to find it and it would be hell to orgazine. (Something I'm obsessed about. :wink:) :D

Has anyone here heard Do You Feel Loved (Alien Groove Sensation)? That's a fun remix.

I have heard that song. The song Alien Groove Sensation was what DYFL was based on. Howie B played it for them and they built DYFL around it.

I'm loving the Perfecto Mixes right now. Paul Oakenfold does a badass job with MW and Lemon.

Also Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss) and LWTSH (Extended) are just :drool::drool:

I've just heard a remix called Do You Feel Loved (In Da Gay Bar Mix) :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom