Rating Rate the Song Threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my biggest concern would be making sure that it only has two options (as in, we should have something like: "choose the best option: status quo, half the rate of polls, quarter the rate of polls, quarter the rate of polls and the time that they're open, make a new subforum of EYKIW, make a new subforum of Lemonade Stand, send to the games forum, or burn in hell, Digitize"), because otherwise it would be basically statistically meaningless. I think there are two different ways that it could be phrases - either "Would you prefer that the rate the song polls move at the current rate or at a slower rate", or "Is the current rate too fast?". The latter would likely return far more no votes than the former would return votes for the current rate. However, I think I would prefer the latter anyway, because if people, given their druthers, would have it go slower, but don't particularly care, I'm not sure that's reason enough to mess with how this contest is run right in the middle of it. It makes a difference that we are right in the middle of a contest largely because of how long polls are open. If polls were only open for a day, as happened on at least once occasion in the past, then we could move more rapidly with fewer polls at once. I personally think that that is way too fast. They're open for four days now, but because multiple sets of polls are open at once, they move at the rate that they would if they were opened every two days. Regardless, though, for fairness reasons, I am absolutely not willing to cut the number of days that each poll is open when all of the 80s songs had their polls open for the full four days.

Would a desirable alternative be to keep all of the rate the song threads sequential and locked at the top or the bottom of the first page of thread results...and thus separate from the other threads?

That would be a great solution in my mind.

If not, would you be willing to create the poll you just mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom