Rank Your Favorite Songs - BONUS THREAD 2: Under A Blood Red Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
Can't remember who, but someone guessed this one too!
Here goes:

U2uabrs.jpg

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
2 - Gloria
3 -"40"
4 - I Will Follow
5 - The Electric Co.
6 - New Year's Day
7 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
8 - Party Girl

<3 <3 <3

1 Gloria
2 The Electric Co
3 I Will Follow
4 New Year's Day
5 Sunday Bloody Sunday
6 11 O Clock Tick Tock
7 Party Girl
8 40

For many, many years, I thought Bono was shouting "It's our hero!" in Party Girl when Edge flubs the guitar solo ... like "Ha ha, Edge fucked up. Our hero, ladies and gentlemen!"

And then I finally realized it was "Guitar Hero," which could pretty much be taken the same way. ha!

i guessed it.

and way to shatter an illusion cori ! :lol:

i find it hard to rate live songs because they're all so good, but here goes...

1. The Electric Co.
2. Gloria - infinitely better than the studio version
3. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - studio version shouldn't even exist when compared to live!
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. "40"
6. New Year's Day
7. Party Girl
8. I Will Follow - bass is mixed too loud.

You and me both on the "it's our hero" quote.

Me three :doh:

1 - The Electric Co.
2 - New Year's Day
3 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
4 - I Will Follow
5 - Gloria
6 - "40"
7 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
8 - Party Girl

Not much separates 1 through 8 at all.

We shouldn't really have left this one out -- it's a superior live LP and was hugely successful back in the day, esp. in the UK. I think it outsold War and Unforgettable Fire in Britain, and it was a very important album (and video) for breaking the band further Stateside.

I have no idea how to rank the tracks, though.

We shouldn't really have left this one out -- it's a superior live LP and was hugely successful back in the day, esp. in the UK. I think it outsold War and Unforgettable Fire in Britain, and it was a very important album (and video) for breaking the band further Stateside.

We were doing the Studio Albums.

I decided to include this one as a bonus thread after we ranked the songs on War though.

Agreed, it's importance to the rise of U2's popularity should not be underestimated. I remember it being sold permanently at a special low price, (can't remember what it was but it was more than half price of a normal lp.) and it was a massive seller.

1. Electrico Co.

2 Gloria

3. 11 O'Clock

4 Party Girl (this would have made a great single)

5. New Years Day

6. Sunday Bloody Sunday

7 40

8 I will follow.

all great really

1 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
2 - Gloria
3 - New Year's Day
4 -"40"
5 - I Will Follow
6 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
7 - The Electric Co.
8 - Party Girl

We were doing the Studio Albums.

I decided to include this one as a bonus thread after we ranked the songs on War though.

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a criticism of you; I was just making my point about the importance of this LP.

from today's perspective, I suppose we have lost the sense of the importance of the live album. They seem sort of pointless now, with 3 million free gigs available online.

1. Gloria
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
3. 40
4. New Year's Day
5. The Electric Co.
6. Party Girl
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. I Will Follow

Very Fine U2 Listening
1. The Electric Co.
2. Gloria
3. New Year's Day
4. I Will Follow
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday

Fine U2 Listening
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock*
7. Party Girl
8. 40

*I just don't really know how I feel about this. 11OTT is one of U2's best live songs, but the mix on the UABRS CD just about neuters it. It's scorching on the bootleg of the concert it's from (6 May 1983), yet the official mix just seems to take all the energy out of the guitar. By contrast, if the 5 June 1983 performance (as seen on the UABRS DVD) had been put on the CD as well ... it'd be my #1 by a fucking mile. I think that is one of the five best moments in U2 history. Absolute killer version of the song.

love this album a lot

1. gloria
2. i will follow
3. new years day
4. sunday bloody sunday
5 electric co
6. 40
7. party girl
8. 11 o`klock tick tock

Back
Top Bottom