Random U2 Thoughts Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are much worse songs than A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, i don't get the hate it gets round here :huh:

What's wrong with A Room at the Heartbreak (heartbreak) Hotel (hotel)?

It's a bit lengthy, the back up singers and the horns sound over done and not really the best lyrics.

Sort of an average B-Side for the era, not album worthy.

:shifty:

I hate hip hop. I think it's a genre who's influence is better than the actual music.

Thanks for that Outcast suggestion. Not digging it so far. Sounds rather typical of the genre. Seems I misjudged them.

Outcast suck.

There's a special ring of hell for people who think Outcast are good.

Not sure why I bothered. No one takes your posts seriously and you are quite obviously this forum's biggest troll.

It's a bit lengthy, the back up singers and the horns sound over done and not really the best lyrics.

Sort of an average B-Side for the era, not album worthy.

:shifty:

Check out the version that came with the "Best of 80-90."

It's 1 minute shorter than the original from "Angel Of Harlem."

Conversely, the version of "Dancing Barefoot" that appears on "Best of 80-90" is 30 seconds longer than the recording from "When Love Comes To Town."

More guitar solo. Which is good.

Check out the version that came with the "Best of 80-90."

It's 1 minute shorter than the original from "Angel Of Harlem."

Conversely, the version of "Dancing Barefoot" that appears on "Best of 80-90" is 30 seconds longer than the recording from "When Love Comes To Town."

More guitar solo. Which is good.

The back up singers and horns just make it "cheesy" to me, Dancing Barefoot is pretty much one of the best covers they have done, very "grungy".

Not sure why I bothered. No one takes your posts seriously and you are quite obviously this forum's biggest troll.

I spent all weekend listening to that Outkast record. It's horrid.

And I said I "hate" it and listened to it 2x? Where?

Sort it out dude.

You're really, really bad at this.

Go here and play with your hipster friends. They take your posts seriously. Cause you're serious and all.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/random-music-charli-lxxxii-215537.html

Why would you spend all week listening to something you don't like? :lol:

To figure out if I liked it or not.

The best way to decide if you like music is to listen to it.

Hysterical idea, I know.

You should try listening to music sometime.

It's a kick.

Well shit. Maybe if I listen to Will.i.am and Britney's Scream and Shout 20 times a day for the rest of the week, it will become my favourite song!

to be fair to the guy, he's saying he came away still not liking it after giving it a go for a week, not that it's now his favourite after a week's forced exposure. but i'm splitting hairs here night guys! :wink:

This.

Anyone who "hates" a song after 2 listens isn't a music fan. You may be indifferent to it, and never seek it out again, but "hate" requires something more.

And hell, it's U2. I've given my favorite artists plenty of chances. It usually rewards. Frankly, someone who declares they "hate" a song after 2 listens has a poor ear. Their opinion on all things music should be rightfully discounted.

Also, you can "hate" the song and still appreciate the guitar tone. Which is what I was talking about, until threads about very specific topics were declared random topics.

Don't be retarded. I hate Big Girls Are Best and none of your foolish crap will change that.

Hold on a second there.

to be fair to the guy, he's saying he came away still not liking it after giving it a go for a week, not that it's now his favourite after a week's forced exposure. but i'm splitting hairs here night guys! :wink:

I agree, there's no use picking at someone for trying to like something you recommended. And I doubt he listened to it on constant loop all weekend, either.

NSW listens to an album like 20 times before he comments on it and no one cares about that.

Listening to something you hated the first time immediately thereafter is the stupidest shit in the world. If you weren't in the mood the first time, wait until you are to hear it a second time. Seems obvious enough, but I guess not.

Not that there's any point in criticizing others' listening habits. Things work differently for different people.

Listening to something you hated the first time immediately thereafter is the stupidest shit in the world. If you weren't in the mood the first time, wait until you are to hear it a second time. Seems obvious enough, but I guess not.

Yeah right. Listen man, I guarantee that even tho you might not like

Sexy mama mom say mama ma

the first 2 times through, you're not giving it a fair chance. Get back to us on the 16th or 17th ok? I mean, did you try and block out the the parts you didn't like, like, those fucking ridiculous lyrics, and listen to the guitar? That guitar man!

I mean, it's either that or you have no ear for music and none of your opinions on anything musical should be regarded with any seriousness.

Back
Top Bottom