Random U2 Question THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread needs to come back!

Ok, my question... Why has Bono been flipping off people in the audience during Stingray Guitar at recent shows? I mean, I love Bono, but like if someone pays to come to your show, why flip them off? :hmm:

bono20fingers.jpg

It just seems to be part of the "we're back" act. Along with his dancing, punch-throwing victory lap: "I'm back and better and badder then ever". That's my guess anyway. :hmm:

He doesn't give a shit about what others think of him. Stick it to 'em, Bono. :up:

It just seems to be part of the "we're back" act. Along with his dancing, punch-throwing victory lap: "I'm back and better and badder then ever". That's my guess anyway. :hmm:

Very much. Because the face he pulls when he does it is absolutely Fly-ish smirking. He's not taking himself serious anymore, just having fun. And it's awesome to see him back with the Fly attitude.

This thread needs to come back!

Ok, my question... Why has Bono been flipping off people in the audience during Stingray Guitar at recent shows? I mean, I love Bono, but like if someone pays to come to your show, why flip them off? :hmm:

bono20fingers.jpg

It's not like it's random people, it's the same person in the audience every night, the same person that's been stalking him for years, the same person that pushed him off his bicycle and made it look like an accident. Bono's just making sure this guy knows that there is no stopping him, taunting him...

There was a picture taken of him from the last show:

chris-martin.jpg

Regarding that Bono photo, he looks as if he's doing a hybrid between flippin' the finger and motioning to the person in question that he come to Bono in an "I'mma kick-a your friggin' ass" way.

He's an inventive mofo.

It's not like it's random people, it's the same person in the audience every night, the same person that's been stalking him for years, the same person that pushed him off his bicycle and made it look like an accident. Bono's just making sure this guy knows that there is no stopping him, taunting him...

There was a picture taken of him from the last show:

chris-martin.jpg
:lmao:

Thank you!
I need a favor. Can anybody confirm the boys played a club in Naples Italy called the Blubird in 1976-1977. I would really appreciate it. Thanx RDB

That would make them ages 15,16, and17 approximately. I don't remember ever hearing of them playing anywhere outside Ireland before '78 but I'm no authority. You might check the U2gigs site: U2 Various Dates: 1978-1989 - U2 on tour or Axver may answer you here. Maybe they played there in a different year?

That would make them ages 15,16, and17 approximately. I don't remember ever hearing of them playing anywhere outside Ireland before '78 but I'm no authority. You might check the U2gigs site: U2 Various Dates: 1978-1989 - U2 on tour or Axver may answer you here. Maybe they played there in a different year?

That is correct. The early years they only played around UK and Ireland. After Boy came out they did some stuff in Holland and Belgium, then France and Germany and I think Italy came after that.

Found those on U2gigs, first dates in Italy. no sign of Napoli.
· 1985-02-04 - Milan, Italy - Teatro Tenda Lampugnano (18 songs)
· 1985-02-05 - Bologna, Italy - Teatro Tenda (18 songs)
· 1985-02-06 - Bologna, Italy - Teatro Tenda (18 songs)

So, is Bono actually an investor in the Spotted Pig?

“The hours and weeks and months,” Bono said with a distinct melancholy flattening his voice, in an otherwise empty private room at the Spotted Pig restaurant in the West Village, in which he is an investor. “If we thought it would take this long, there is not a chance on earth we’d have done it.”

I know there's been some spectulation before, and now more when I just read this. Has it ever been confirmed?

I'd say light-med brown that he's been dying dark since he was a teenager. That's just an "educated" guess. :shifty:

(and I think he mentioned the dying since he was a teenager in an interview somewhere, sorry I have no idea where though.)

Back
Top Bottom