Random U2 Question THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard about the bungee jumping :hmm: but I do have the Bono in the water pic from the rafting.

bononewzealanmdnovember.jpg

Yes, that is the picture I remember seeing.

Well, in keeping with the dare-devil theme, does anyone remember details of a story of Edge having to literally grab Bono and pull him back from a ledge of a building because the was scared Bono would fall? I seem to think it was the Clarence roof-top gig pre-atyclb, but i can't seem to find any proof right this second....

I've got video proof if this what you mean.

YouTube - Bono on The Edge - Access U2 Interview

I used to have the other video they have playing on the screen (the full Elevation era clip) but this is all I seem to find right now.

bonoontheedge.jpg

Sorry I don't remember more of the story, but obviously it happened during an interview with Access Hollywood I guess.

awesome. Thats the clip i was thinking of.

But did you notice the climbing on the ledge clip Bono was wearing an elevation tour jacket, yet the rest of the band interview was dated vertigo tour. Was the climbing clip an archieve shot from back when i thought it was (2001)

Yes, that's what I meant about I used to have the original video (I think I lost it when my old computer crashed), but yes, AH used an older Elevation interview clip to begin this newer Vertigo piece. You can see it continue to play on the screen behind the guy who said that's him worried about Bono. I hope I can dig up the original again some day. (I added a screen cap above too)

Anyone (Bonocomet:sexywink:) have the clip of Bono and Larry introducing Rage Against Machine at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards? I can find the performance of Testify on youtube, but nothing of the introduction. I'd even settle for pics/screen caps at this point

I'm pretty sure I've seen it :hmm: (or have it) but I gotta go home from work now soon. If no one else puts it up sooner I'll take a look later tonight.

Larry. Bono failed his exam and was kicked off art school for that. Adam and Edge are originally British so I don't think they had to do Gaelic at Mt. Temple.

Really? I thought that Bono mentioned Edge being able to translate something in to Gaelic better than he could because he flunked, but Edge could speak it enough to understand it or did better in school at it....or something like that...???
Isn't that in U2 by U2? Or was it during the Vertigo tour? I can't remember exactly...

Really? I thought that Bono mentioned Edge being able to translate something in to Gaelic better than he could because he flunked, but Edge could speak it enough to understand it or did better in school at it....or something like that...???
Isn't that in U2 by U2? Or was it during the Vertigo tour? I can't remember exactly...

The fact that they did not have to take it doesn't mean Edge didn't take it. I just don't know whether he did or not. He's nerdy enough to have studied it anyway. :wink:

The fact that they did not have to take it doesn't mean Edge didn't take it. I just don't know whether he did or not. He's nerdy enough to have studied it anyway. :wink:

Huh? Sorry I'm confused then. I thought they were required to take it in school in order to graduate under the Irish system. My understanding was that Edge could speak it because he retained it, learned it, but Bono didn't becasue he flunked it.

Anybody here attend school in Ireland? Gaelic is required right?
So cool! I wish I could speak it.:heart:

Well, French is also required of all anglo-Canadian students (at least to age 15 or so), but trust me few can speak it...

I would expect that Bono and Larry can speak some basic Irish (it would certainly be their second language), but I doubt they are conversant in it.

(Enya, however, is.)

Back
Top Bottom