Quick Question- We are the World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geanbean83

The Fly
Okay guys...this should be quick and easy to answer.

I could be wrong, but I thought that Bono was supposed to be in the new version of We are the World (which stunk IMO btw). I didn't spot him. Was he there? Wasn't he in the original?

:hug:

It'll be okay. Go put on your favorite U2 album and crank it up real loud. It'll get that bad taste out of your mouth.

:wink:

*sits in a corner with knees pulled up to chest rocking* Make it go awaaay. * puts headphones on and mellows out to Achtung Baby*...there..you're right..much better! I had a brief moment where I forgot that good music existed. I'm better now. Thank you.

I know they did Band Aid and you might be right. Maybe I was projecting wishful thinking, but I could have SWORN that I heard that he was going to be doing "We are the World" and that Bono was in the original. Weird..

I think there were rumors flying around right after the Grammys that Bono was going to be there, or had been invited.

In spring/summer 1985, I think Bono was pretty far off most Americans' radars as far as celebrity goes. The Grammy awards and "We are the World" recording was before Live Aid, and was the American response to Britain's Band-Aid. At that point, U2 had never had a top 40 single in the US or a top 10 album. They were able to play big venues on the coasts, but only to college radio fans -- hardly the people who were in with Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie.

I always enjoyed Bono and Adam's (who was there) recollections of the Band-Aid recording. Didn't Bono say something about "dodgy pop stars" and it looked like everyone was competing for the same hair-blower or something?

The remake of the British Bad Aid single absolutely stank, didn't stink as bad as any version of we are the world though....

........I always enjoyed Bono and Adam's (who was there) recollections of the Band-Aid recording. Didn't Bono say something about "dodgy pop stars" and it looked like everyone was competing for the same hair-blower or something?

LMAO...Bono with his mullet. That reminds me of a video I saw in Youtube where a photographer (maybe Anton Corbjin?) was shooting the guys under a bridge somewhere while some onlookers stood on the bridge heckling them. One of them said something that sounded like, "Hey Bono! You forgot your mullet!!" And he started laughing and said something along the lines of "You'll never let me live that down, will you??". All in good humor. Gotta love that guy. :laugh:

Was this new version of 'We are the World' supposed to benefit the victims of an earthquake or the victims of a train wreck?

Auto-tune, rapping, nameless singers, Streisand, good God...

Best Bono decision ever.

Was this new version of 'We are the World' supposed to benefit the victims of an earthquake or the victims of a train wreck?

Auto-tune, rapping, nameless singers, Streisand, good God...

Best Bono decision ever.

You know what? You're totally right. Amen to that. :up:

Back
Top Bottom