Question about U23D Yahweh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonogirl777 said:
I didn't see that when I went to see U23D. :scratch:

And I think (I'm not sure) that it was a live version of Yahweh.

Hope that helps. :D :)

ALOT of people didn't see it, because they got up and left as soon as the credits started. Not only did they miss the cool animation, they missed seeing it go back to the band on stage performing Yahweh, two times it switches back to the band playing and to the animation, very cool.

I'm pretty sure it was from the same night as the rest of the concert. If you sat through it right till the end of the credits, it went back to live concert visuals and it was still in 3D so it must have been one of the nights in Buones Ares when they were filming withn the 3D cameras.

Well the movie was filmed at a few different shows, but Yahweh was not played in Buenos Aires. It was played at some of the other South American shows a few times and in Australia at least twice , so I just wondered if anyone knows which show is the one in the movie.

Rob33 said:
yeah the audio is live but animation over it in the beginning....

at around 2:00 of this clip the same animation seen in the film can be seen here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kj2hvXXXeM

it's not exactly the same animation - Owens updated her animation for the film - other design - I like the look especially from the city a lot more.

luna_lovegood said:
I'm pretty sure it was from the same night as the rest of the concert. If you sat through it right till the end of the credits, it went back to live concert visuals and it was still in 3D so it must have been one of the nights in Buones Ares when they were filming withn the 3D cameras.

they filmed seven shows with the 3D cameras

Oh oops. If it wasn't played in Buenes Ares, then I guess it must be in Melbourne. I'm postive that the Yahweh in the credits was filmed in 3D, because I saw it just two nights ago. The fact that its in 3D narrows it down considerably. Meblourne was the only other location they filmed with 3D cameras. Hope this helps ...

I don't think Yahweh was played in Melbourne either. Perrypickwick do you know which seven shows were filmed?

Yahweh was played in Mexico, Santiago and Sao Paolo. Don't know which version they used for the movie, though, but it's a beautiful version and I love the anmimations.

Meblourne was the only other location they filmed with 3D cameras. Hope this helps ... [/B]

Again! that is not true.

bonocomet said:
I don't think Yahweh was played in Melbourne either. Perrypickwick do you know which seven shows were filmed?

like last Unicon said - all these south-american shows (plus Mexiko) were ilmed with 3D-cameras. They filmd also additional footage in Australia.

Filming in Melbourne was only for audience shots, and possibly Adam... he had to wear the same clothes he had on in Buenos Aires, and apparently the camera crew were told to be careful not to film Bono or Larry's heads (since they'd both cut their hair since the S. American shows).

And no, Yahweh was not played in Melbourne.

last unicorn said:
Yahweh was played in Mexico, Santiago and Sao Paolo. Don't know which version they used for the movie, though, but it's a beautiful version and I love the anmimations.

Thanks, I knew which shows they played it but I didn't know which were filmed. If all 3 of those cities were filmed I'll try and narrow it down from there. Thanks for the help everyone! :)

The press packet for the movie says that per Catherine Owens' request, U2 also filmed a few pick-up shots during a soundcheck for some better close-ups etc. so it could be a combo of that footage and a live performance.

bonocomet said:

ALOT of people didn't see it, because they got up and left as soon as the credits started. Not only did they miss the cool animation, they missed seeing it go back to the band on stage performing Yahweh, two times it switches back to the band playing and to the animation, very cool.

I will never understand why people do that - they missed a beautiful beautiful rendition of Yahweh (which I'll admit has never been a personal fave :runs and hides:) but this version gave me goosebumps and a new appreciation for it:yes:. And the animation was FANTASTIC :up:

bonocomet said:

That explains a lot.

My mom, dad, and friend (who really didn't want to be there actually :angry: ) were urging me to leave and wouldn't let me stay. :scream:

It's a shame that a lot of people got up and out when the end credits started. But I was actually surprised that a lot of people really stayed until the end to listen to the last song. I liked the end a lot, they also went back to showing the band, if only from a distant angle. The animations are gorgeous.

No it's definitely live. It's nothing like the album version. They are playing it accoustic in the movie.

Hi everyone!!

Just a quick comment... they DID play Yahweh here in BsAs! :D on the first night only (03-01-06), but they did! :yes:

I was almost blinded with tears , but I do remember that much...!! :laugh:

People who didn't stay for the credits, or didn't read the credits also missed the very cool thank you message from the band.

Dana

bonocomet said:
Hey you're right, thanks! Does anyone have a recording of that? :hmm:

:sad: noooooo.........
we all wish we could find one!!
So far, I've only been able to get the second night (03-02-06), since it was aired on a local tv station and then a full show dvd went round...

We're trying to keep our hopes high about that first night coming out sometime though! :pray:

Back
Top Bottom