Question about "tweaked" Zooropa in Achtung Baby reissue box set

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lov12113

The Fly
Can someone give me a definitive answer about the copy of Zooropa included in the Achtung Baby 20th anniversary reissue box set. My question is: is this copy of Zooropa remastered, "tweaked," or is it exactly the same as the original release?

As far as I know that version of Zooropa is the same as the original version. So it has not been remastered.

Oh boy... Don't let a certain member see this.

We all gonna suffer the consequences.

Ask Nick66. He's the expert. If not, Nipples or u2girl may be able to provide insight.

Didn't mean to open a can of worms. I'm guessing U2 hasn't made an official statement about what they did or did not do to the Zooropa copy included with the AB reissue box set?

If U2 did officially state whether Zooropa in the AB box is remastered or tweaked, let me know.

Can someone give me a definitive answer about the copy of Zooropa included in the Achtung Baby 20th anniversary reissue box set. My question is: is this copy of Zooropa remastered, "tweaked," or is it exactly the same as the original release?

Ok. Do you have Audacity? Compare the old Zooropa with the new Zooropa using Audacity and you're going to have the answer you're looking for. At least in the "tweaked" department anyway. Audacity is free and easy to use.

The official response is that they were both tweaked, not technically remastered. The tweaking involved making a new master. However, it did not involve making a new master from the original source tapes, which is how the term remastering is usually used in the industry.

freakout.gif

whoaf.gif

They saw the thread, smiled as they slowly backed out. Then they all, separately, went into the woods and gathered sticks. Slowly they've been sharpening those sticks into spears. But you see, they must have enough spears to kill everyone in this thread, and that'll take time. So they can't tip anyone off that they've even noticed this thread until they have enough spears for everyone. Therefore, the have not posted.

they saw the thread, smiled as they slowly backed out. Then they all, separately, went into the woods and gathered sticks. Slowly they've been sharpening those sticks into spears. But you see, they must have enough spears to kill everyone in this thread, and that'll take time. So they can't tip anyone off that they've even noticed this thread until they have enough spears for everyone. Therefore, the have not posted.

lol

The official response is that they were both tweaked, not technically remastered. The tweaking involved making a new master. However, it did not involve making a new master from the original source tapes, which is how the term remastering is usually used in the industry.

Thank you. This was basically what I was wanting to know.

I hope Audio Fidelity gets to remaster any U2 for a gold cd.I personally like the sound of all of those.Too loud or bright doesn`t sound good to me.:D

Before they released the AB reissue I had already tweaked myself Zooropa with Sony's Soundforge. It's a very simple program that allows you to modify albums a la carte. In my personal taste, I gave the album a lot of bass. I think Adam's contribution to that album remains a secret gem for many fans.

You can make anything louder but there is a price to pay regarding dynamics.
For instance, I've 'remastered' my own version of many albums.
But they are all hard rock/punk/metal albums, that are meant to be more direct.

Zooropa, at least in my view, was meant to be an atmospheric and dynamic album.
It sounds the best of all their albums in that regard.
And the thought of compressing that sound to get it louder makes me ill.

Back
Top Bottom